❃A Goodnight Kiss❃

My Obsessed Vampire Husband

C H A P T E R E I G H T

A Goodnight Kiss

For the rest of the day I spend panicking if he had seen me put the ring on my finger. I fell like that is something he would do, he is the type of person that would stick around until I have opened the gift. That part scares me the most, I haven't seen him for so long and if he was (here) than that is freaking me out. Just minutes after I put the ring on my finger I checked the whole house to see if he was there.

But I didn't find him, he could still have been in the house. I just can't shake the feeling of that he is watching me right now. I keep wondering how he knew I was living here, and how he go inside the house to put that gift there. Obviously my parents called him, but they didn't even know where I lived. Telling them the story I left out that part, and if he knows where I live them he has definitely told them. Now that they three have become such good friends.

The fact that he has become friends with my parents shouldn't bother me, yet it does. So much, and I have no idea why. After all, while I was gone he was here. And my dad was already friends with him before I left. They were there for him, and he was there for him, when I couldn't be with non of them. It makes me sad that he may have put me through pain, yet I put everyone in pain by leaving. Which, I am making up for now. Somehow. By running away, I've hurt them even more. Why can't I stop hurting my parents? They do not deserve to be treated this way.

I pick Shadow up and walk with him in my arms to the second floor. He doesn't even care that I just picked him up and holding him, he just sleeps in my arms. I guess he is very tired, this is just how cats live their lives. Just sleeping all day, doing absolutely nothing. Sometimes cleaning themselves or eat, and at some time when they think no one is watching, they play with some things that they have found. Otherwise, they sleep all day.

Besides, to me cats are the most adorable things in the world and I feel proud to have one. They can also become funny when they are playing, if you are around a cat, it's impossible not to smile or laugh when they do something odd and funny. For the little time I have spent with Shadow I've seen that he can get a bit strange at times when he is playing with his tail or some toy he finds. Shadow is definitely not a cat that I could ever get bored with, being with him makes me feel happy.

I set him down on the bed while I chance my clothes. I just go into shorts, but I'm still wearing that hoodie, since I will be going out. I desperately want to try something. When I've chanced, I kiss the top of his head and go downstairs. I go to the dock that is connecting to the house, where I can just walk to the ocean. The waves of the ocean are reaching out up upon the dock. I'm not wearing any shoes or sock, so my toes touch the wet wood of the dock. I sit on the end of it and allow the water to kiss my legs as they are now hanging in front of the dock.

My legs are covered in water drops, and my clothes are soaking wet, not do I care about any of that. The only thing I do is watch the ocean, watch the waves as they dance. Because my clothes are wet, the water in them keeps me warm. And the water on my legs keeps the cold breeze from touching me. I feel like this is a summer day and I'm swimming in a warm swimming pool.

After a long time just staring at the ocean and thinking about everything I look at my hand. Or specifically on the ring. Never did I realize how much I could miss having the ring on my finger. For some reason I love this ring, not only because it is beautiful, but also because he gave it to me. And even if he has hurt me, I still care and love him. I've already promised myself that I wouldn't allow anything into my heart ever again, but what if he never left my heart? What if after all this time, he is the only to pick the pieces and glue them into place?