❃The Warning❃

My Obsessed Vampire Husband

C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N

The Warning

The moment we step inside the house there is silence. Not a sound can be heard, I'm not sure that is a good thing or bad. I did forget to take my keys with me, but thank God that the door was unlocked. I didn't remember that it was unlocked when I left, I thought the door was locked. But, then again I was not really paying attention to every small details around me. "This is one back of a house" Adrian says as he is looking around everywhere with awe.

For a moment I had forgotten he was here. I wonder if my birth parents are still here. "Stay here, I'm going to check something out. Then I will be back" I tell him and motion him to stay. He nods his head as I walk up the stairs. "Feel free to make yourself at home" I say before disappearing up the stairs. I walk into my room. It's empty. Well, except for Shadow who is very comfortable on the bed. Sleeping. Like he usually does all the time. But, I see no one else.

No parents in sight. Where did they go? On the bed is a large box wrapped in the same wrappers as the box that the ring was in. I know exactly who it is from. He isn't really hiding, that it's from him. I feel a bit angry at him. He is giving me all of those gifts, after I told him that I didn't want to be with him. When I told him that and said those hurtful words, I wanted him to leave me alone. I need time and space away from him, even if my body and mind hates me for doing this.

I take the wrapped box and push into under the bed, I don't want Adrian to ask any questions. The box is heavy, but nothing I can't handle. It makes me wonder what is in there. But, I remind myself that I am angry at him, I don't want his gifts. Perhaps later in the future, but right now I need time. Time to heal the wounds that have been open and the new ones. I sigh as I walk back downstairs to Adrian, who has made himself very comfortable on the couch.

He's trying to figure out the TV. I haven't even watched anything on that TV. "Ah, your back. I thought you'd leave me here alone" he says as he notices me come down the stairs. I giggle. "I wouldn't do that, besides I have no where to go. This is my house remember" I tell him and give him a small smile. He is making me stop thinking about the bad things that have been happening around me lately. I kind of need a distraction from the pain. I join him on the couch.

"So, wanna watch something?" He asks, when he has finished learning on the remote. It's a very new TV, and he had to read the manual to know all the buttons on the remote. He said something about, he will be here again to watch something on this TV. Since, it's better than his. Mostly, I think he just came here to watch something on my TV. "Sure" I tell him. What better way is there to forget the day, then watch some Netflix. Yeah, the TV has Netflix, and he logged himself in.

We had somewhat disagreement on what to watch. He likes cars and guns movies, where people are always dying and killing each other. I'm not the one to watch those kinds of movies. But, I want to watch romance or dramas movies, which he doesn't. In the end, we decided to watch Blue Lagoon and Rip Tide. By my choice of course. After a long talk about how amazing those movies are, he went along with it. Besides, both movies are about the ocean, well sort of. I didn't even know that the reason why I chose them, was because of the ocean.

Before we put the movies on, he wanted to get some snacks. But, I didn't have any. Only healthy food. So, Adrian went to the supermarket to get some. "Do not leave the house, I will be back shortly" he says and walks out to go to the supermarket. While I stay here, I decided to open the gift that Jason got me. The curiosity in me has taken over, it always does that. And I do not like. I walk upstairs and take the box from under my bed, and lay it on the bed. I sit beside it. And, slowly open it up.