❃He Shows Up❃

My Obsessed Vampire Husband

C H A P T E R N I N E

He Shows Up

The new day welcomed me the same way, as the one before. The brightly shining sun doesn't seem to like me very much. I had remembered to close the curtains, but somehow they have opened. Why does the day have to start like this? A cold air rushes in from the window. I could swear that this window was closed yesterday. Perhaps the wind was just so strong that it knocked the window open and the curtains back aside. I need to have a lock on both of these to make sure they don't wake me up in the mornings.

The world hates men right now, I guess being in the ocean wasn't the greatest idea I've had. But, you got to realize that I did get better. I still am. So, going to the ocean was just a time to think of everything and calm down. Besides, my heart was so broken. But, today I am picking up those shards and gluing my heart back together. Slowly. A part of me wishes he was here to help me feel better. I don't even know why I am thinking like this, he hurt me and now I want him back. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Maybe it is because I just admitted to myself that I still love him, even after he broke my heart and shattered my soul. I know I should love him and I wanted to allow nothing back into my heart. Yet, he does squeeze his way in my life and heart. Lazily I get out of bed and in my pajamas I go have some breakfast. I just put some cereal into a bowl with some milk, I'm not in the mood for anything else right now. Besides, I'm still getting the hang of this new kitchen. I'm terrified to burn the house down by trying to cook something.

I don't know how to use the oven or the stove. This is all high-tech and I'm not the one who knows how to use those things. I don't even know how to use a computer probably. You could ask me to find settings on a computer and I wouldn't even know where it is. I know how to use a computer, If I'm researching and stuff on Google. But, not really anything else. Some computers come with games, that just follow the computer. I even no idea how to find them.

This stuff isn't really for me. I barely know how to use my phone, not because I'm old and I lived in the time when smart phone didn't exist. I was only a child, but I know how to use the games and Google on my phone. And I know how to call and send messages to someone. Otherwise, it doesn't seem like I need to know anything else about it. These things just aren't my specialty.

I eat my breakfast in silence before I search the house for Shadow. He literally could be anywhere in this house, I don't even know all the cat hiding places here. I've looked through the whole house, in every place I know he could be handing. Of course, there are hundreds more places he could be hiding and I didn't see him. Without him, I feel like I'm completely all alone in this house. He is the sort of cat that always stays within reach or sight. This is not like him at all, and that is what has me worried.

I search the house for the second time today and I still can't find him. I've already tried to call out for him, and shake his food. And shake his toy that has a bell on it, which he loves. But, he still doesn't come. I'm terrified here. Then I realize that there was a window open when I woke up. Shadow isn't the one to go outside. But what if he has. I take a handful of his food and one of his toys to shake. Without even having shoes on I walk outside, besides it is only sand.

I walk around the beach and call out for him, but I still don't see him or hear his bell. I feel like crying right now. My cat is missing and I have no idea where he could be. And, I don't know this beach very well. I close my eyes, and listen to the water. If he went for the water then the ocean would tell me. Fortunately for me, he didn't go to the water. Which, is the best thing I've all day. But, the ocean has no idea where he is, he never touched the water. And if he didn't touch it, the ocean can't tell me where he did go.