The Nerd And The Jock

High-school- Lena is a Jock, expected to keep up a certain additude. Kara is a nerd who reads dictionaries for fun, what happens when their paths cross and their worlds collide?
_______________________________________

"Hey Luthor! Coach wants to see you in her office!" Samantha called out to her green eyed friend, who was surrounded by a group of cheerleaders and guys from the football team.

Lena looked over to her and nodded "yeah sure, I'll head right over" she said while she stayed seated, leaning over to one of the cheerleaders called Veronica with a grin on her face.

"Now Lena, you know the coach doesn't like to be kept waiting" Sam continued, annoyance clear in her voice. Lena groaned loudly, causing Veronica to laugh way to loud.

Sam crossed her arms "now." she spoke, her voice harsh. Lena and Sam have been friends for a while and Lena knows not to piss her off to much. She got up, but not before giving Veronica's butt a firm squeeze.

"see you at my party Friday right Luthor?" one of the defense players called Mike yelled after her

"Of course! There is no party without a Luthor present, you know that Mike!" she called back grinning. She then walked out and made her way to the coach her office.

_______________________________________

Lena walked right in the office, startling coach Star.

" I'd appreciate it if you'd knock the next time Miss Luthor " she spoke while closing her laptop. "take a seat"

Lena sits down with a sigh "alright what is this about? I haven't done anything wrong lately"

Coach Star moved the white streak of hair aside "that's the problem, you haven't been doing anything lately. I spoke to a few of your teachers and you aren't doing so well, in fact you're failing at least 5 classes at the moment." she said while opening her laptop again to show her.

Lena's expression didn't change" okay so? What does that have to do with anything?"

Coach Star took a deep breath "this has to do with everything Lena. You know you can't be on the football for much longer with grades like this. Remember what happend to James Olson?"

Lena immediately sat upright in her chair "James was an horrible Quarterback and you know it! I'm amazing at it! We won all the games because of me! You can't kick me off the team!"

Coach moved the white hair streak away again "I can and I will if I have too. I have to apply the rules to every one of my players, just because you're the Quarterback doesn't mean I'll let it slide".

Lena was panicking to say the least. She stood and placed her hands on the desk before her "Coach please! Don't kick me off! I'll do anything you want but don't kick me off! My parents will never forgive me, I have an image and an expectation to live up on! Please!" she exclaimed.

Astra sees cases like this every year, she can't even count how many players she kicked off of the team because of their grades. But Lena, Lena was the Best QB she has had since her brother Lex left the team 5 years ago. She knows Lena has more in her than she shows. Which is the only reason why she's doing this...

"Okay, I'll make you a deal." she started "I have a niece, she is a straight A student. I'm sure she is willing to tutor you on some classes, if I'd arranged a meeting you have to go. No partying or alcohol in the weekends, because that's when I'll arrange them." she said and Lena opened her mouth to protest

" But-"

"AND, no more skipping classes. If you can't do the homework yourself take it along to the tutor sessions and make it with my niece. Are we clear Miss Luthor? Or would you rather spend your weekends drunk and high and your school year sitting on the bench?" Coach Star asked.