One Cappuccino, Coming Up!

Barista!Kara + Workaholic!Lena = every story you already read about a cute Supercorp first meeting.

_______________________________________

"Hey uh Kara do you know how to work this machine?" Mike asked her as he pointed to the espresso machine which was making strange sounds. Kara rushed over to it.

"what did you do?!" she asked angrily, while she immediately started looking for the problem.

Mike shrugged "nothing" he said nonchalantly. "Like always" she sighed. She found the issue quickly, and fixed it easily. "How many times do I have to tell you not to attach the handle from the cold brew blender onto the coffee machine?!" She hissed to him.

Mike shrugged "I didn't pay attention! Why are you such a hard ass? Maybe you should go out with me sometime to lighten up!" He said and flashed her his stupid boy grin. Kara glared at him "I'd rather end up dead in a ditch then be seen with you outside of work" she spoke.

"Now shut your face and go do something useful like taking out the trash like I asked you!" She said and waved him off.

She heard him muttering something along the lines of "you could just say no" and she couldn't help but grin at that.

The bell on the front door rang, indicating someone's entered the café. Kara looked up and immediately smiled "Hi Sam! The usual?" She asked and grabbed a cup and a pen to write her order.

"Yes please!" Samantha answered "Oh and add Miss Luthor's order too please"  she added while pulling out her wallet.

"Sure thing!" Kara said and started making Sam's Latte macchiato she knew by heart. "So what's new in L-corp? I have heard you got promoted to Junior CEO?" Kara asked.

Samantha beamed "yeah! I did, that's the perks of being highschool friends with Miss Luthor!" She grinned.

Kara handed her her coffee cup on which she had drawn a little panda bear for her. She started on the second order one she also knew how to make without having to ask the order. "I think she picked you for your skills Sam" Kara said "not because you're old friends, though maybe that helped a bit" she chuckled.

Samantha nodded and smiled "yeah probably. She's great you know, but if you'd ask any of her other employees they'd tell you a different story"

Kara nodded "I see, kind of like Grant then" she laughed "Mike once peed his pants when she yelled at him" she added, making Sam laugh.

"Of course he did" she chuckled. Kara handed her the second cup, on this one she'd drawn a little t-rex holding a coffee cup. She also handed her a paper bag "a scone for you and a donut for Miss Luthor. On the house!" She explained.

Samantha grinned "you're amazing Kara!" She praised the blonde. Kara smiled and her cheeks turned slightly pink "aw shucks" she said and waved at Samantha as she left the shop.

When Mike returned she put him to work by handing him a bucket with water and a cloth. The café she worked at wasn't quite on the big street so there weren't alot of people that came in. She had a few regulars who came in everyday, so naturally she knew their orders by heart.

When the clock hit 10pm she closed the shop and went home. Tomorrow was another day to serve coffee and tea.

~

A few days went by but Kara didn't see Sam again, and she did get a bit worried so she pulled out her phone against Grants big rule to text her sister.

Kara: "hey I haven't seen Sam in a while, is she okay? :( :( :( "

Alex: "she's been out if town for a few days for some kind of meeting. Ruby is staying with me!"