Enemies For Life

Kara and Lena have been friends since kindergarten, and everything was going so well. Untill one event in their lives changed the course of their friendship.

Maybe forever...

What will happen when they run into each other when they are older?

_______________________________________

"I can't believe that family!"

"yeah I bet she is just as insane as her brother is"

"I mean she probably is! Didn't you see her tinkering on that weird device yesterday?"

"Danvers is lucky she didn't get pulled into that!"

Loud whispers went around National City high school. And Lena was fuming with rage; there was only one other person that knew about her brothers actions. One other person she'd dare to talk to about feelings. Only one other person who knew the truth about what happened and twisted it!

Her feet carried her as fast as they could, her steps loud and angry as she speed walked to the school's picnic tables. Her mission was clear; give the glasses wearing blonde a piece of her mind.

Said blonde saw her coming and immediately spoke "Lena Lis..-" but Lena wouldn't have none of it.

"No you listen to me!" Lena said, immediately interrupting her so called friend. "You had no right to do that Kara! I told you all those things in private, you said that I could trust you!" she exclaimed.

By now a whole group of their classmates were surrounding them, trying to listen in and see whoever would throw the first punch.

"Lena It wasn't me! Mike said-" Kara protested but was once again interrupted.

"Just stop talking!" Lena said through gritted teeth. Even though Kara was a easily a head taller then Lena, the blonde felt really intimidated by the fuming black haired girl. "I wish I had never met you, I wish I had never let you in!" she said. Kara's face fell, her usually flushed cheeks turned pale and her blue eyes were greyish.

"I can't believe you just said that... I'm your best friend Lena"

"No Kara you're wrong , you were my best friend. Now you mean nothing to me"

_______________________________________

10 years later....
_______________________________________

"Hey Alex! I'm off to work!" Kara yelled out. She heard a muffled reaction coming from her bathroom, she laughed and shook her head "Yeah Yeah I left your part of the  bacon in the pan!" she answered back. She grabbed her bag and keys as she opened the door "At least some part of it!"  she laughed and closed the door behind her.

~

"Listen up you dimwits" Snapper Carr's loud voice rumbled through the room. Kara nervously pushed her glasses up her nose and turned to him, just like her colleagues.

"Miss Grant has asked me to assign you all new cases." he spoke, sounding really really bored already. "first up, Miss Lancaster and Mr Cameroon you're on the Inside Job Burglary" Snapper said and threw them a file. "interview everyone involved and make sure the article isn't boring, for heaven's sake."

"Next, Fashion. The Golden globes and that horrible dress disaster". Kara held up her hand and Snapper turned to look at her. He slid the file but it was out of Kara's reach and slid right past her, into the hands of one of her new colleagues called Katy Lewis. She took Miss Lance with her.