Chapter 17

Taehyung POV

I walked into the room only to see an extremely pale Jungkook laying on a bed covered by a white sheet that went up to his neck, only his face was visible.

But something didn't feel right. The heart monitor was unplugged and there were no tubes or any hospital stuff around him. I don't know much about patients and hospital equipment but the way Jungkook was just laying there felt wrong.

I looked behind me and saw Junghyun fall onto his knees, crying. The doctor stood by him with a sorry expression. Jimin had horror written all over his face.

All of this made me really confused. I thought Jungkook was fine now. But then again I didn't listen to anything the doctor said.

I slowly made my way to the bed and gazed at his peaceful face. It was paler than usual and his lips were sealed shut. Strange. I remember Jungkook always sleeping with his lips slightly apart. I touched his cheek and was completely shook by how cold he was.

Junghyun was crying hysterically and Jimin was standing next to me now. His eyes were getting teary. My eyes trailed down to Jungkook's chest, expecting it to be moving up and down but it wasn't. It was still. No movement at all. No breathing.

"I'm sorry," the doctor started speaking.

The only things that could be heard in the white room were Junghyun's cries, Jimin's heavy breathing and the pounding of my own heart. My sweaty hands were shaking and my legs were trembling.

"Jeon Jungkook has passed away."

I opened my eyes and gasped for air. My head was hurting and I felt like shit. I could feel my sweaty clothes sticking to my body. Disgusting...

I felt a hand on my shoulder, causing me to jump a bit. It was Junghyun.

"Taehyung... Are you ok?" he asked with a calm voice. His face was concerned but it didn't look like he had cried.

"J-Jungkook... He-" I tried to speak but the words weren't comming out.

"What about Jungkook?" he asked.

"H-he's not w-well," I finally managed to say.

"No shit, dude, we're in a hospital," Junghyun said with an unamused expression.

I looked at him, confused. He noticed my condition and continued to speak.

"We arrived here three hours ago. We talked to the doctor who said that Jungkook was undergoing treatment since he had several injuries and suffered from hypothermia. Then Jimin came and you glared at each other for a while. Then you both fell asleep and I have been minding my own business for the past two hours. Oh, and then you woke up looking like you just ran a marathon with Freddy Krueger chasing you."

"Oh..." was all I could say. So it was a dream... Thank god.

"What the fuck is going on," Jimin said in a sleepy voice as he woke up as well.

"Taehyung had a nightmare and started freaking out," Junghyun said. Gee... Thx Junghyun.

We talked for a while. Mostly about how Jungkook was doing and what actually happened. Junghyun also said that the police came by while I was asleep. They asked about Jungkook's personal life, social media and stuff like that. Jimin was awake at the time so he told them about the stalker situation and the instagram account.