Broken soul to heal

Two month after Hal was arrested for being the Blackhood Alice still wasn't able to process what happened. How could she not see that her husband was a serial killer?! She accused herself for not noticing anything. She knew Hal for such a long time and also if the love to him never felt real she thought she really knew him. But obviously she didn't knew anything about him. She didn't knew what to do with her life anymore.

Every day she just stood up, put her bathrobe over her pajamas and went downstairs to sit on the couch for the rest of the day to wallow herself in self-pity. She wasn't in a good place. Hal nearly killed her if Betty didn't saved her. Her thoughts rotated about nothing else but this all the time.

Betty watched her mother wallowing herself in self-pity all day. She never saw her mother like this. She always was this strong woman, her mother, who wanted to protect her children from everything bad, but now she bought the evil herself into the house without knowing.

Betty also tried to process everything and she was doing a lot better than her mother. She had long conversations with Jughead about her dad and what he had done. It helped her a lot. But her mother don't wanted to talk to anyone and she didn't left the house since it happened. Betty had to take care for herself. It wasn't a big thing for her, but she don't wanted to see her mother like this anymore. She knew her mother was a mess, yet she had to get her out of the house. Alice had to see something different than the walls of this horror house.

One friday noon she came home and decided that today would be the day her mother would leave the house again. And she knew where she would take her. A few weeks ago Veronica had opened the speakeasy under pops. FP was managing it and Veronica worked there or a pops to earn her own money. Betty really felt in love with this place. I felt very homey and she liked the comfortable booths. She was sitting there long hours talking with Jughead and her friends. Sure Pops would always be there favorite place to eat, but the speakeasy was a lot better for long night talks. Maybe this place could also make her mom feel more comfortable again.

Added to that Betty hoped that also the fact that FP was working there would somehow change Alice mood. She wasn't dumb or blind. She heard what her mom said about FP before Hal strangled her and she knew her mom wouldn't stepped out on him with FP if he wouldn't mean something more to her. And they were also in love back in high school and had a child together.

Further she also heard Alice talking about him in her sleep a lot. Once she said "I miss you, FP. You know I still love you!" And if this doesn't mean that she still had feelings for the father she didn't knew anything more.

Betty: "Mom, I am home. How was your day?"

She walked to the living room seeing her mother again just laying on the couch staring holes into the air.

Betty: "So mum. We are going out tonight. Just you and I. I finally want so show you the new speakeasy V opened."

Alice wasn't sure if this was the best idea. She didn't left the house for quite some time and she wasn't planning to in the near future.

Alice: "Honey...I don't know. Maybe it would be better if you would just go with your friends and leave me here. I don't want to bother you. And you are doing so good after all and I am just a mess."

Betty: "Mom! But I just want to go with you. We will dress you up. I'll make your hair and makeup and you will feel like a completely different person. So you'll go upstairs now and take a shower and I will search for an outfit in your closet."

Alice finally gave in. She didn't wanted to fight with Betty. She didn't had the energy to do so. So she stood up from the couch to go upstairs to take a shower. After the shower she walked into her room where Betty had laid out several outfits on her bed. Some things Alice hadn't seen in decades. She didn't knew she still had them.