History

Authors note:

This oneshot is inspired by an idea from @moonlitmachen2 on twitter. I hope you all like it.

***

Alice and FP were at the trailer when Betty and Jughead rushed into the livingroom. FP pushed Alice hand away from his knee and both stood up. They felt caught also if it wasn't possible that the two kids had seen anything. Not that something was about to happen and even if they were about to go for it this was something their kids really shouldn't find out about.

Betty: "Mom? What are you doing here?!?"

Jughead: "Mrs. Cooper??? Dad?"

FP and Alice exchanged a short look before FP tried to explain.

FP: "Alice just came around to talk about old times. You know we were friends in high school... And she was just about to go home to prepare lunch for you Betty..."

Betty: "What are you two hiding? First you were at our house and now my mom visits you at your trailer without a reason? You know what? I don't believe you two! There has to be something else."

Alice looked at her daughter with a worried look. She was scared Betty would say something about Charles and that FP was his father or that she stepped out on Hal with FP, because Jughead knew nothing about it and she really didn't wanted to discuss this now with the kids. She knew FP still needed some time to process all this before he would be able to tell Jughead that he once had a brother who was now dead. Added to that their affair was something she also wanted to hide from Betty. Sure she knew about their past and maybe she also remembered that she accidently told her that she stepped out with FP when she found out that Hal was the blackhood, yet their recent affair was something she really wanted to keep for themselves. She loved to sneak around with him and spend every free minute with him. She wouldn't call it love at the moment, but they definitely still had some kind of connection no one of them was able to deny.

Alice: "As FP said we are old high school friends and added to that you both are our children so why shouldn't we to meet sometimes to discuss different things? It's completely normal. We are hiding nothing from you that would be important for you two to know."

The second she said that Alice knew she did something wrong. In fact she said that they were hiding something and knowing their kids she knew there was no way out to not tell them something now. Maybe not the real reason for this meeting, but another truth that would explain it.

Betty: "Mom?! You literally just said that you two are hiding something from us! So what is it? I want to know it now!!! And I won't stop asking if you two don't tell us right now!"

FP and Alice shared another look, knowing they both don't wanted to say the truth. So FP started to tell another story.

FP: "Okay. We will tell you why Alice really is here. So you already know we were friends in high school. You could say all of us parents were friends back then, also if you would never believe it nowadays."

Jughead: "Wait?! You all were friends? What happened? I thought you all hate each other."

Alice: "Yes, we all were friends. Just normal high school students. Up to a certain point in time when everything changed. But this is a later part of the story."

FP: "Yeah...so to go on. At some point we discovered this game called "Griffins & Gargoyles" and all got obsessed with it, like you all at the moment. We all thought it was just a fun game and we played it all the time. We met at a bunker in fox forest at the weekends and played all night. Our lifes were completely different from now. I was a football player with chance for a scholarship and Betty your mom was part of the serpents and my beautiful girlfriend at the time. My dad hated me for dating Alice. He said she was dangerous and I was risking everything being with her."