Forever

A week after Alice told Betty the whole story about the parents playing Griffins & Gargoyles, when they were in junior year the parents meet in Veronicas speakeasy. Betty wasn't able to shut her mouth about all of this and just investigate on her own; she told every one of their friends what she had found out. And not only that: She told them also her theory about one of the parents being the Gargoyle King. She wasn't sure who exactly her favorite suspect for murder was, but she was certain that one of the parents had to be the murderer.

She didn't even thought about the fact that someone else could have sneaked into the school like the parents did. This wasn't an option for her. For her it was way too obvious that a member of the Midnight Club was the murderer of headmaster Featherhead. Her only evidence was the story Alice had told her and the fact than it seemed that Mr. Featherhead had died because of the same game they all were playing; just because he had blue lips.

It was stupid to ask her friends to find out what their parents stories about all of this are, yet she desperately wanted to know the truth and for this she needed not only the story her mom had told her. And she was scared of Jughead so she really needed to find out what happened back then to save him from this dangerous game.

What she also didn't thought about is: that the other parents wouldn't be enourmously happy to find out that Alice spilled the beans about everything they swore they would never ever talk to anyone. In fact; she broke their pact.

For none of the parent it was an easy talk with their kids when they found out they know the darkest secret they kept for over two decades. All of the kids were so upset to find out their parents kind of covered up a murder, since they didn't wanted to tell the truth that they were high the night Mr. Featherhead was missing and that he may have died because he drank poison from chalices from their game.

It was the parents worst nightmare to dig into their past to tell them their own story of what happened back then. The stories were similar, yet definitely not completely the same story Alice had told.

For instance the narrative FP told Jughead. It was not just from a different perspective; for Jughead it seemed a bit like his dad was telling a completely different story. Not about the game, but with regard to the relationship he and Alice had back in the day.

***

"I was trying to pretend to be a northside jock, when I never lived on the northside. My dad was a member of the ghoulies. We lived in a trailer here in Sunnyside Trailer Park, where most of the days were very dark. I still figured out how to be a football player and to hide my true identity.

There was only one light in dark days, when my father was drunk before I woke up. I am not sure if he ever was sober or if he just drank all day and night. And this light was a girl, who was living on the southside too, yet also went to Riverdale High. She was different than me. While I just wanted to get out of the southside, she was living this life with a lot of pride. Always wearing her serpent jacket to school; looking very good. This girl was Alice Smith.

I had laid my eyes on her a long time before we actually started to play this game. At some point I had finally found the courage to ask her on some kind of date. But since I was a northside jock it was more a fuck date and she knew that. For her it seemed to be okay at this time and I just would have done anything to be near her. Even if this would mean I had to hide my true feelings for her.

When she got pregnant with Charles I knew nothing about it. She never told me anything. And I wasn't screwing a vixen like she thought I did. I wouldn't be able too. I just tried to keep my reputation up. I wasn't even angry at her, when she told everyone from the Midnight Club the truth about me; that I wasn't from the northside. Maybe a bit, but if you have real feelings for another person it is difficult for you to think anything bad about them.