First Family Birthday

This oneshot is for one of my favorite people in this fandom! She is always there for me and I know my life is better, because she is in my life!
Happy Birthday Celine_CooperJones
I hope you have the happiest Birthday!!!❤😊

***

He has been alone his whole life. No one was ever there for him. Growing up at The Sisters Of Quiet Mercy no had ever shown any interrest in his birthday. Some of the sister had at least wished him a happy birthday and one year one of the other kids had brought him a bouqet of daisys, but one of the older sisters immediately took them away from him and threw them into the trash.

Living at the sisters for such a long time made him push back the thought of his birthday further with every year. Also because it was a reminder that his parents had given him up. He knew they probably thought he would find a nice family to be adopted by, yet since this never happend his life was miserable and it was partly his parents fault in his opinion.

After getting out of the Sisters and joining the FBI he occasionally went out for a drink with some other young agents, that practically forced him to celebrate his birthday, when he really wasn't in the mood for it. Getting drunk wouldn't make him forget all the years when no one had cared. And he knew also most of his colleages didn't cared about him, they just needed an excuse to get drunk on a friday night so they won't feel guilty, if they were home late to their fiancés and wifes.

But now everything should be different. He met his family and was part of their lifes. He had understood why everything had happend in the way it did and forgave his parents. He had a family.

He should be the happiest person, yet he wasn't. The relationships with his parents got as close as it could be in the months they had been in each others lifes and he loved that. With his half-siblings it hasn't been quite that easy, but they all knew it would just take some time.

This life was so new to him and he was so insecure about how to act around these knew people in his life that said they would always be there for him if he needed anything or if he just didn't wanted to be alone in his motel. He always had to handle everything on his own before.

Now his 26th birthday was just around the corner and he really wasn't sure if he wanted to celebrate it in any way. He thought he could maybe invite his parent for maybe an hour our something to Pops to drink a coffee, just as long as he wouldn't bother them too much. He was sure his siblings wouldn't care that much.

He though of himself as that big brother, who is also an FBI agent, that just came into his siblings lifes and completely messed them up, that they probably never would accept, when their parents weren't around. He knew it was sad to think about himself like that, but he just never really got the chance to really bond with them beside finding Alice, when she was gone.

About a week before his birthday FP had invited him over to have lunch with him at the station. FP had sensed that Charles had been acting weird over the last weeks everytime that Alice had mentioned his upcoming birthday and wanted to talk about it with him.

"Okay son, there is a reason why I wanted you to come over. Your first birthday with all of us is in about a week and Alice and I both noticed that you were acting weird everytime Alice had mentioned celebrating your birthday with a party, with the whole family. What's going on? You know you can talk with us about anything. And if you aren't comfortable to talk about it with your mom, I am always here for you too."

"It's just...", he wasn't sure how to say what he was about to say without hurting his father. "I just never really had a birthday. No one ever cared about it. And even though I know you all do I just really don't want to bother all of you to have to celebrate that day with me. "