Being there

It was Halloween. Some time had passed since Alice had moved in with the Jonses. Betty was living there anyway so it was just the easiest to move in with them too. After what happened between Alice and FP their relationship was cold. Alice just had nothing to say to him. She was hurt. Even though she knew he didn't do anything to hurt her on purpose this time, it didn't mean it didn't broke her. He was the last person she felt was left. Yet he understood him. He did this for his children. She probably wouldn't have acted differently. Her daughters were everything and anything for her. She would risk her life if that meant they were okay.

She just exchanged a few words of small talk with him during breakfast and dinner before going back to her room or to work. She couldn't look him in the eyes. It was clear to her if she would do so she would break and just run into his arms clinging to him like life support searching for his comfort. She couldn't let that happen ever again. If that meant weird communication between them, where you could cut the tension with a knife this was how it would be.

FP on the other side was desperate to have a moment alone with her so he could talk to her and explain everything to her. He was just waiting for the right moment to stop her from running away from him to her room, but never got lucky.

When Halloween was just around the corner she had asked him if she was allowed to decorate the house and the garden. He himself wasn't that much into decorating so he agreed that she could do everything that she wanted.

When he came home a few days later from work he was confused. Was this really his home he was standing in front of? The house on Elm Street looked like a house from a horror movie. Two scary looking pumkins were sitting on each side of the front door, there was a skeletton hanging on the wall. FP was wondering when she had done all this, it's not like he was gone for days, but just a few hours.

When he entered the house everything was quiet. He was confused. Alice should be home and the kids too, yet there was no one in sight. Seconds later Alice and the kids were jumping Out of different corners of the room all dressed up in Halloween costumes making him jump.

FP: "OMG! You scared me! But I have to say you made an amazing job!"

He slightly smiled in Alice direction.

Alice: "What about we watch a few scary movies later tonight after you all are back from trick or treeting? It could be fun for all of us."

Betty: "I am sorry, mom, but Cheryl invited is over for some scary movies with her, Toni, Kev, Archie and Ronnie later tonight. I forgot to ask if we are allowed to go there."

Alice: "It's okay. Go have fun with with your friends. But first dinner. The pumkin soup is ready. We don't want it to get cold."

Jughead: "I am always in for food Ms C. Maybe you and my dad can watch some movies together later"

Alice: "Again Jugend you can call me Alice and it's Ms S anyways now. My lawyer called me this morning. Because of Hal's death the divorce was stopped and I am now rightfully Alice Susanna Smith again."

Jellybean giggled.

Jellybean: "Your initials are ASS?!? That's funny! Mine are just JJ, JBJ or FJ... nothing fun about that."

FP: "They don't have to be fun Jellybelly. They are just initials, but I have to agree with you on Alices. Brought me a lot of laughs when we were younger."

Alice slapped the back of his head at this comment.

FP: "Ouch! I am just telling the truth!"