Explanations and changes

„I love you Alice"

Alice and FP were snuggled together on the couch in the living room. He had his left arm around her waist, while his right arm was on the arm rest so she could place her head on it.

"I am glad we were able to finally work everything out between us. I know we have been through a lot, but if all of this was necessary for us to be finally happy together I would do it all over again."

"Me too, Al. Me too."

About two months had passed since Charles and Betty were able to locate the place the farm had been staying at. It was an abandoned motel, that was owned by one of the farm members beyond the Mapel Barrens.

All the time when Charles and Betty were working together to get their mother back they didn't told FP anything about it. The siblings thought it was Alice choice when and how to tell him everything about her being undercover and also about Charles. Charles really wanted to meet his father, yet he knew it was better to wait until Alice was back.

When Edgar had called Betty it was clear to her that she had to do this on her own, without Charles. He couldn't help her when the goverment said no. Edgar didn't made it that easy for her, but in the end she found her mother and they were able to take Edgar down together and bring the farmies to a safer place.

That same night Betty and Alice drove back all the way to Riverdale to the Jones house.  Betty had been staying with Jughead, Jellybean and FP the whole time after Alice had left to live at the farm permenantly to finish the investigation.

Betty opened the door with her keys and they entered the house.

Jellybean was already in bed and Jughead was still at the Prep School since it was a wednesday night. FP was sitting on the couch in the living room. He got up from the couch to greet Betty and walked in the direction of the front door.

"Betty! You're home. I was getting worried..."

He stopped mid-sentence, when he saw Alice coming into the house behind her daughter. He let go of  a breath he didn't knew he was holding.

"Alice...what...are you..."

He was to shocked by the sight of her standing in front of him after all this time. He didn't knew where she was, how she was doing and if he would ever see her again. He took her appearance in.

She had a bruise on her right cheek and a slightly black eye. He lip had a cut. Beside that she seemed to be okay to him.

Alice just said nothing. She should've been prepared to run into him. It was his house now after all. She just stared holes into the air. She couldn't look at him. There were so many feelings between them. Hurt feelings and a lot of secrets that had to be told.

"I will give you two a moment. Mom, if you need me, I am in my room."

Betty already expected that her mother and FP would need some time when they would come home. She and Charles had talked about what he knew from what Alice had told him and Betty had told him the details of what had happend with them back in High School. They both knew that Alice and FP would eventually end up together. And even though Betty though it was weird at first, she knew she would support her mother in everything she wanted to do that would make her happy. She deserved it.

Betty went upstairs to her bedroom and left the two adults standing in the hallway.

"Alice...how...how are you? Who did this to you?"

He was slowly approaching her to let his hand brush over the bruise on her right cheek.

"Edgar. But I am okay. The farm is taken care of."