Holding close

This is just a thought I had last night at 4 am after the ep about what an added Falice scene could have looked like. I didn't planned it to be that emotional, but I cried writing this.

***

"Everything is gonna be okay, Alice. I am here.",

FP whispered in Alice's direction quiet enough only she could hear him. He tried to get into her field of vision giving her a reassuring smile. He knew this was a tough thing for her.

She knew before that her older daughter would have to go a long way to go to at some point maybe get back to her own self, yet she never would have expected how much they had messed with Polly's mind at the farm. They did a lot at the farm getting into people's heads, but attacking a nurse probably just because her name was Betty was different caliber of messed up. She was afraid she would never get her daughter back.

FP and Alice stayed sitting at the dining room table when Betty had left to bed again to get at least some more hours of sleep. They had told Charles to just take the bed in the basement, that once was FP's for some time, so he wouldn't have to go back to the Five Seasons in the middle of the night and he had gratefully accepted the offer.

FP's hand was still on Alice's shoulder while his other hand had took hers in his was caressing her knuckles with his thumb before taking it to his mouth and placing a soft kiss on it.

"What do you say we go back to bed? We don't have to sleep, but I personally think it's way more comfortable there than down here."

Alice just nodded at that and let FP pull her up from the chair just to drag him in her arms holding him close like he was her life support and he was. He placed his arms around her figure holding her close and placing a kiss on her temple before moving them so they could walk up the stairs while she was still clinging on to him.

They walked into their bedroom and FP pulled a bit back from her to push the robe from her shoulders. He looked down at her with a worried look on his face. He knew what happend with Polly would take another hit on her and would take her back one step in her process of healing from everything that had happened over the past two years. On the outside she seemed to be completely fine again and he also wanted Betty, Charles, Jughead and Jellybean to believe just that. But he knew better.

Alice had opened up to him about what was going on in her mind, how she somtimes found herself sitting at her desk at RIVW completely gone thinking about what Edgar had did to her especially after he had found out that she was the mole. Or about the nightmares she still had waking up in the middle of the night sweating and crying. Afraid that Edgar had killed FP, Charles, Polly and Betty.

He was there for her no matter when trying to calm her down, pulling her close to his chest, caressing her back hoping to prevent her from falling in an added panic attack.

She still had her face buried in his chest so he couldn't see the tears that started falling down her face. He noticed that she started shaking in his arms from the sobs that were taking over her body.

He pulled her closer to his body again drawing circles on her back with his hand. He pulled them into the direction of their bed so they could sit down on it. He sat down on the edge of the bed and pushed her to sit sideways on his lap so he could hold her close. She still clinged onto him like he was her life support while letting the tears fall.

After some time she slowly calmed down in his arms her grip around his waist loosening. She pulled a bit back from him to get a gaze on his face. He was looking her with a still slightly worried look on his face, but a small smile was tugging on the corner of his lips, when he noticed that she had completely stopped crying.

"Everything is going to be alright, Al. Polly will heal from what she has been through. It will probably just take a bit longer than we all thought it would, but she is going to be okay. So will Betty. She is going to visit Polly in the morning and you two can talk about it when she comes back as part of your plan to be more honest with each other. They both will be okay.",

he softly smiled at her and wiped some tears from her cheek with hit thumb before they could dry.

"And Charles is doing okay too. He just told me yesterday that Jughead had asked him to help him with something and he sounded like he was really getting used to having younger siblings and being part of a family after being alone for such a long time. And I am here for you. I know you sometimes still want to bottle everything up and want to sort everything out on your own, but that's what I am here for now. You can tell me everything and nothing. I will never judge you for it."

She took his face in her hands and placed a soft peck on his lips. Letting their foreheads rest against each other afterwards.

"I love you. I know you are there for me whenever I need you and that honestly makes me fall in love with you more every single day. I was alone my whole life, you know that, and beside the time I was with you in High School I never had anyone I could count on, that I could trust with everything that was on my mind. With you I finally feel seen. I know that if something happens to me that someone is there to notice that I am not coming home, someone that will notice the dead body lying on the kitchen floor. Someone that will take care of my family if anything happens. Someone that will be there for me no matter what I need an that is all I will ever need for the rest of my life. I love you soo much, FP!"

While this words were literally falling out of Alice's mouth she had started crying again, yet this time it were happy tears, since she knew she would never had to go through anything alone in her life ever again. She had FP and as long as they both would be alive they would have each others back and would walk side by side through life.

FP had pulled her close to his chest again and she had her arms around his body too keeping him close to her. She placed a loving kiss on his lips before he pulled them down to lay down on the bed holding her as close as humanly possible. Making her believe he would be there for her. Always.