Not on purpose

Alice was preparing lunch for Betty and her when she heard someone opening the front door.

Alice: "Betty, honey. Is that you?"

Betty: "Yes, mom. Is lunch ready?"

Alice: "It's barely finished. Give me a few more minutes."

Betty walked to Alice into the kitchen. One could see that she was kinda nervous.

Betty: "Mom? I wanted to ask you something. And I am not sure what you will say..."

Alice: "What is it honey? Just say it."

Betty: "Okay...I want to throw a birthday party for Jughead at the Whyte Whyrm and FP Jones allowed it. You are they only one I did not asked up to now. I talked to Hog eye and he is okay with it. I organized food from Pops and FP will take care that no one does something stupid on the party. No alcohol allowed. So everything is well organized and there is nothing you have to do. You just have to allow me to go there and stay out for longer than normal."

Alice: "So you planned everything without asking for my permission?"

One could hear the anger in Alice voice. How could her own daughter deceive her like this and tell her everything last. Did her own daughter doesn't trust her? And why did she went to the Whyrm on her own.

Alice: "And you thought I would just be okay with your plans after you hid them from me all the time? You know what I think of the Southside and nothing changed since I told you the last time. The Southside is dangerous and I don't want you to go there on your own. And you tell me that you went to the Whyte Whyrm, a bar full of drunk Serpents on your own? And you still think I would allow you any of this?"

Betty: "But Mom...I aready organized everything! Everything is planned. And FP Jones already agreed to take care of all of us. Veronica, Archie and Cheryl will be there too so I am not alone there. I really want to throw this party for Jug. I love him."

Alice: "So FP Jones agreed to take care of you...are you serious? This is even worse than Hog eye taking care of all of you! You know he has a drinking problem, don't you? And that his wife and daughter left him, since they didn't wanted to live with him anymore? And you think this guy could take care of a bunch of teenagers in a bar with alcohol? Are you kidding me? He can be happy if he can take care of himself."

Betty: "But Mom...Please! Just go talk to him. You know he is in AA. And he is trying to be a good father for Jug. That is why he allowed me to throw him a party again after last year..."

Alice: "As far as I remember last time Cheryl and some Bulldogs crashed the party and I needed a week to clean everything up again. Some of you also did Jingle Jangle...I will go and talk to FP. I can't believe he allowed you all this."

Betty: "Sure, mom. Talk to him. He will tell you the same I did. Everything will be good and he will take care. Maybe he can change your mind."

Alice: "I don't think so, but because you are begging me like this I will talk to him and maybe we will find another way to handle the situation."

Betty: "As long as I can still throw the party for Jughead I am happy, mom."

Betty went to her mom to give her a hug. Alice hugged her back to then turn to the door and walk outside to drive to Pops to talk to FP.

It wasn't that she thought her daughter could get hurt on the Southside. She just don't wanted her daughter to get into all the things she got into when she was her age. She just wanted her daughter to be safe. And she knew it was easy to get into this. Even more, because her daughters boyfriend was the kid from the serpent king.