Heartbroken

Alice couldn't believe she had lost him again. She felt empty and broken. She thought they were on such a good way to make everything right this time. But here she was sitting on the floor at the foot of her bed in her bedroom that soon wouldn't be hers anymore, yet the one of the man that she loved and his wife.

The wife that had left him, when he was at his lowest and that he now took back and therefore had ended their relationship, without thinking about what it would do to her. He was so goddamn selfish, she thought. How could he even think of doing something like this to her. Wasn't he the one that had just said a few months ago "This feels right, doesn't it?. I did feel right, so right that she wanted that moment to never end.

Everything had felt right until that very moment just merely half an hour ago in his office, when out of nowhere he had told her that he didn't loved her. No- He didn't said that! He just didn't answered to her question if he loved her and for her this felt far worse than if he just would have said it. Then at least she would've had words to cling onto, but now she was left with nothing. Just that feeling of her heart getting ripped out of her chest, while she was still breathing.

He wasn't hers anymore and she wasn't his and this was what it would be from now on. It hurt her more than she ever would have believed. It's not like this was their first breakup, not even their second one. By now they had broken up and broken each others hearts several times and it never got easier. If she was honest it got far worse with every time they parted.

She never had imagined that this would happen to her once again. She had thought this time they were in it for the long run. For forever. She had even found herself thinking of how it would be to be married to him one day, to be his wife. To share the same name. To wake up in his arms every morning and have breakfast with him. To finally have the family with him that she had dreamed of with him since she was seventeen.

However here she was now. In the room she had called her bedroom for the last more than two decades with her hell of a husband that had turned out to be a serial killer cleansing the town of sinners as he had called it. Surrounded by boxes containing her life. She would leave this house in the morning. And instead of just leaving the hell of the life she had been through in this house behind, she would also leave behind the stolen moments she had shared with FP in this very bedroom over the last few months of their relationship and give this place to him so he could sleep in this bed with his wife and finally have the family she always thought he deserved. She just thought she would be the one sleeping next to him then.

She knew she wasn't alone in this world, nevertheless she felt like the loneliest person in the world in this moment. She had found their son, that she thought was dead, which she had thought she was partly the reason for and never had got the chance to tell his father about it.

She knew he deserved to know, yet she didn't knew if she would find the power to tell him anytime soon. Maybe she would just send Charles to him on his own. She really didn't wanted to face FP for a while. She did wanted to see him, because she loved him more than she did love herself, but she knew that would only break her more. Looking into his eyes, while she was standing behind their son that was just explaining his father that he was really the real deal this time. She wished she could've told him and they could've lived together as a happy blended family in this very house.

She let out a deep shaky breath whilst the tears were still continuously covering her face with a wet film.

This would be the dream that would never become reality for her. It was over and she had to move on. She had to find a way to cut him out of herself, out of her life, her mind, her memories. He would never again be a part of her life and she just had to accept that.

She had a beautiful son with whom she had a lot of years to catch up with and a daughter she couldn't be prouder of. She would be a great detective or journalist one day. Alice was sure of that. Her children were made for greatness. This was where she would try to get her happiness from from now on. Because that is life. When people leave it's always the start of something new and never the end.

If she only had known that FP was feeling just the same as she was. He had sunk in his chair behind his desk and didn't moved a single muscle since it all went down. He couldn't believe what had just happened. What he had just done. The words were still sounding in his ears. "It doesn't matter now. It's over". How could he ever even think about ending it with Alice. Again.

He probably had never been as happy as he had been the last few months, when she was finally back in his life and now he was the one that had ruined that and probably threw away his last chance to ever be happy with her. He knew that this time was most likely the last chance he would ever get.

He felt the tears slowly steaming down his face. He really did just broke up with the love of his life. He lost her. For real this time. The last words she had said to him were, that she would leave town the next day early in the morning so he and his family could move into the house as soon as possible. She had told him that she didn't knew when and if she would come back to town and that he should try to be happy with the family he had now.

He had not only seen the hurt in her eyes, he had felt it.

His kids were the most important thing in the world for him, but could he really be a good father and more a good example for his kids if he gave up his own happiness for a construct the society had forced on him. He always wanted them to fight for what was important to them, what seemed worth to give everything for. Yet here he was completely broken and lost after he had just gave up the love of his life and lost it to his own pride, since he couldn't tell her that he loved her and that they had to find a way to get both. Their children and their endless love for each other.

There had to be a way for them to be together, but it was to late. He would never get the chance to find out if there was. This was the end of what he always hoped would be his forever. Their forever.

He had imagined them so many times being happy together even at the age of 80, sitting together in a nursing home still being the same amount of happy as they had been all their lifes.

Life isn't always going the straight way or the right way at all, but never give up that something good you lost will come back to you at some point in life.

***

I wrote this in less than an hour, because it was like somthing I just had to get out of my system.  I hope you liked it. Please leave a comment or a suggestion for what I could write next.