chapter 1

Wild.

Reckless.

Free....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A family. well... two mates, and a soon to be family. Soarin, the father, a black wolf with scars all over his body. He was a leader. He had brilliant green eyes and long, sharp canines. He had a well built body and he was very strong. He looked after his pack members and took action right away. Even though he was serious most of the time, he still knew how to have fun. He was the perfect definition of an Alpha.

Scarlet, the now pregnant mother, was a pure white wolf with deep blue eyes. she had sharp canines and a strong body. she was an excellent hunter and a perfect leader. she cared for the young pups and helped with the sick. She was also the perfect definition of a leader.

After months of monitoring and hoping, Scarlet finally delivered the big gift for Soarin. Three, small and beautiful pups, two boys and a girl. one boy, they decided to name hawkeye. He was grey with black stripes on his paw, and he had Green eyes. The other boy, they decided to name him Silverstreak. He also had silver fur with a big, sleek line going down his back. it was right over his spine. his eyes were a bright yellow. they almost looked like they were glowing. Then there was the little girl. She was just a pure black wolf with white fangs and blue eyes. she was plain and simple. But she was also the oddball of the family, she was the runt of the litter, so she was smaller and got the least to eat.

months passed and all the pups were growing bigger. except for Safire. she kept her small size. after some talking between Scarlet and Soarin, they decided to do something that sadly happens in all wolf packs. since they thought that Safire was too small and weak to be a pack leader someday, they took her to the boarder of the pack territory, and left her there. abandoned, cold, and helpless. Safire began to trump around in the snow, every step seeming to consume her in the cold powder.

After walking a good distance, Safire found herself in the Rouge's territory. She panted, her small body couldnt handle the cold. She trembled and fell in the snow. curled up and shivering, she whimpered and hoped something good would happen.

About an hour later, a scout wolf from a neighboring pack trudged by and spotted the tiny wolf shivering in the snow. The scout picked Safire up by he scruff and began walking to the border of its pack. once they reached the pack territory, the scout took Safire to the Alphas den. She was fed and taken care of. After getting some rest, Safire woke and stretched out. she felt a big, warm thing next to her, so she looked up to see a big silver wolf looking right at her. "hello little one" the wolf said. "I am Sarafina. I am one of the Alphas of this pack." she said with a soft smile on her face. "what are you called little one?" Sarafina asked as she sat up to face the little pup.

"Im Safire" the pup replied quietly while looking down at her paws. "whats your story? How'd you get here?" Sarafina asked. "well.... I was abandoned out in the rouges territory. My parents didnt want me anymore. I know why..." Safire said as she put her ears down to the sides of her head. Sarafinas face filled with concern. "and why is that?" she asked, her voiced deepened. "I am the runt of the litter. I guess my parents didnt want me because they thought I wouldnt be a good alpha. I come from the pack of the south. they didnt want Their reputation ruined because of a gimpy little thing like me." Safire's face saddened.
Sarafina looked at the pup and frowned. she felt pity for the little thing, but she also saw something in that pup. she saw determination, and she saw what Safire could become.

After a while of thinking, Sarafina focused her attention on the little pup in front of her. "I'll tell you what." she smiled. "Lets train you, help you grow. we will help you become the finest alpha those southern wolves have ever seen!" she said with a proud stomp of her paw. Safires face brightened up and she stood on all fours. "Really!?" she asked as her tail wagged happily. "yes little one, lets get your strength and energy up. hen we will start level one of your training." Sarafina said with a smile. "Yes!! Im gonna be an alpha!" Safire said as she jumped up and down a few times. "Now hold on a second Safire. you will have to move yourself up in the different ranks through training." Sarafina said as she looked at Safire with a serious expression.

Safire stopped her excited movements instantly. "what?" she asked with a frown. "I said you will have to move your way up in the different ranks." Sarafina said with a stern tone.  Safires ears dropped once again "y-yes ma'am..." Safire said with a disappointed tone. "now...." Sarafina said with a sigh. "get some rest and get some food in your stomach. training will start next week." she said with a smile. "Yes Ma'am!!" Safire affirmed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
thats the end of chapter 1! what do you think? Questions? Comments?
Let me know!!