14

Sara was hauling Ash back to the pack. It was storming outside, All the thunder and lightning made the visibility terrible, just like when Ash first ran away. Sara still had to cross the road, she just had to walk across and she would be in the rouge's territory. There were cars passing by, Some small some big and a few semi trucks. Sara waited for a clear shot.

Once she had a clear run through, she began to speed walk across the road. She stopped when she heard a groan come from the cat on her back. "Ash? Are you ok?" Sara asked, looking over her shoulder. Ash tried lifting her head, but failed. Sara shushed her, "Its ok Ash. I've got you." She nuzzled Ash gently and began walking again. She wasnt even halfway across the road yet.

Almost as soon as Sara was back at the other side of the forest, there was a bright light, there was a horn, and there was a crash. Sara had been hit. Ash had been hit. The truck that had hit them, kept driving. Sara had been knocked off her feet. Her jaw was bleeding and her shoulder had a huge gash on it. She was about three feet away from Ash. Ash was laying in the mud, Lightly bleeding but it was not bad.

Sara pushed herself to her paws and limped over to Ash. "Im here, love. We're almost there." She placed Ash on her back again, limping to the other side of the forest. She made her way back into her territory. "I need some help! Someones injured!" Instantly some soldiers ran to Sara's aid. Safire and Zipda rushed up to the both of them. "What happened?" they said in unison. "I'll explain everything once shes taken care of." The both of them nodded. Ash was carried to the medicine den, and Sara limped after them.

Safire and Zipda waited outside the medicine den while everything was being taken care of. Ash was patched up, and so was Sara. Ash was sent to rest back in the rehab den. Sara sighed as she limped out if the medicine den. She was met with two pairs of eyes. Zipda and Safire wanted an explanation, Sara nodded "follow me" She said as she began limping back to the alphas den. Safire and Zipda gladly followed.

After about an hour of explanation, Safire and Zipda were finally filled in. "How do you two know each other anyway?" Safire asked. Sara smiled softly and a light blush spread across her face, "She came to me about 8 years ago. She needed some medical help, So I let her use whatever she needed and well.... She became our first medicine cat..." she kept her soft smile. "And? What else?" Safire asked again.

"And... We became very close. She was always around me. I enjoyed her company quite a lot. And I guess...." She paused. "You guess what?" Safire urged. "I guess... I started liking her. We always flirted around each other. I always made sure she had enough to eat. She always helped me out whenever I needed. I really want to get close to her again. I need her... shes...." Sara sighed.

"I love her." She said it plain and simple. "Everything changed when I...." She paused again. "The day I lashed out at her. When she did something bad, I got angry with her and did something worse. I hurt her, and then I lost her..." She sighed again and looked at her paws. "When Ash is all healed up.. I want to tell her sorry. I want to explain everything... and... I want to tell her how I feel towards her."

"Sounds like a plan!" Zipda smiled, "We can help you!" Safire exclaimed.
Sara smiled and pulled Safire close, "Im so glad your back... My little pup..." Safire smiled and nuzzled into Sara's fur. "I missed you..." Safire said as she slowly wagged her tail happily.

Zipda grinned at the two in front of them. "You still need to introduce me kid." He smirked and whacked Safire in the head with his tail. "I'll give you two some time to catch up. Im gonna go catch something to eat." He smiled and walked out.

Sara smiled "Now. Tell me everything" She chuckled softly.