Chapter 12

The week had passed and it was now time for the escape plan to take place. All the wolves gathered round the meeting place, waiting for Sara to come and take action.

The area was filled with chatter. When they saw Sara climb up to the platform, a hush drew over the crowd. They were ready. "Follow my lead. We will surround the premises and you will wait for my mark." She jumped off the platform and began walking towards the lab. The pack followed close behind.

"Flint. Go up to the window. See if you can get the cat's attention." Sara ordered. Flint nodded and bolted up to the window. Sure enough, Ash was sitting on top of one of the kennels in front of the window. Flint scratched he glass, catching the attention of the small cat. She turned and made eye contact "can I help you?"

"We're here for safire. It's her pack. We are gonna break everyone out. We need your help." Flint replied. Ash nodded and jumped down from her place, she ran over to the kennel and woke safire and zipda up. "what going on?" safire asked as she followed ash. "We are breaking out. Unlock as many kennels as you can. we need to get going." Safire just nodded and followed the orders. Her and Zipda ran around unlocking kennels, Meanwhile, ash found an exit and signalled the wolves.

Ash made eye contact with Sara, Her heart rate sped up and she felt a heat run down her spine. Sara smiled lightly and approached the small cat. "Hello old friend. Its been a long time." Ash smiled back and purred in response. "We need to catch up. Its been lonely without you." Ash said. "Come on, we need to get everyone out." Sara nodded and followed ash into the lab, signalling the pack to follow.

As everyone spread out and went to all he kennels to see who could be saved, Flint headed over to Safire's kennel. "All the wolves in this area have been cleared. Dont bother looking around here. Unless youre trying to find something else." She said in a soft, yet deep tone.

Flint turned around and was met by those familiar blue eyes. "S-Safire!" he was taken back by her matured appearence. "Y-Your actually here!" he stammered as he looked her up and down. "Youve really grown. Youve even gotten some scars to add to the look." he said as he walked around here, Examining. "Hold your tongue." she snapped at him.  "I am not interested in anything you have to say unless it is an apology." she said harshly. Flint tucked his tail and dropped his ears to the sides of his head. "you never came back for me Flint." "you promised you would come after me if I ever got hurt... But you never did."

"safire.... i really tried to help.. but i was by myself when you got captured. what was I supposed to do.." Flint replied. "You were my trainer! you were supposed to help me!" she dropped her head and growled. "I was into it. i was into your company. I enjoyed being around you and training. I liked you Flint. and I hoped that you would somehow catch on and be smart about taking up my time." "all you cared about was getting close enough to me to get in my fur." she growled. "You never actually cared about me. And now you just expect me to run back and forgive you!" She growled and started walking off. "I want othing to do with you Flint." She ran off over into another part of the lab.

"S-Safire wait!" Flint ran after her and ran around other wolves and over tables. As his eyes darted around, he was stopped by a big object. With a big thud and an 'oof' noise, Flint fell. He opened his eyes and was met by a pair of aqua eyes. Flint looked down and around the wolfs body. He was a rather big male. skinny. But well built. "Uh. Sorry." The wolf said with a deep voice. The blood rushed to flint's face as their eyes met. "i-i.... Its f-fine." Flint said as they both sat up. "my name is alexander. Ill be your new trainee when we get out of here." he said and grinned, showing off his canines. "oh nice." flint sighed. 'shit...' he thought as he tucked his tail and walked away.

All the wolves were out of the kennel, and Ash got the last of the pups out. The alarm was tripped by one of the pups as it walked over the wire on the doorway. "Everyone BOLT!!!" Ash and Sara called out. Everyone fled out to all the exits of the lab. The humans and their monsters ran after them. Some of the wolves fought off the monsters as the humans chased others around trying to catch them in their snares. Everyone got out, Ash met up with Sara and smiled, They then started running off together.

Ash's body was suddenly yanked back and her air supply was cut off. Her body hit the ground and she was being dragged back to the lab. One of the humans had her in a snare. She yowled out for help and Sara Ran to her aid.......

.................................
CLIFFHANGER

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~