Chapter 7

Its been about a day since Safire last saw Ash. She had known the small cat for a month so far. They grew rather close pretty quickly, They were already like best friends. She couldnt stop thinking about that cat. She was so strange but so interesting. Safire was laying in the corner of the kennel, meanwhile Zipda was Laying opposite of her. As if that cat was reading her mind, Ash showed up right next to Safire on the opposite side of the cage.

"Hello friend, Miss me?" Ash said in her normal, husky voice. "oh actually I have." Safire replied "Really?" Ash's ears perked up, "nobody ever misses me....." she mumbled the last part. "Anyway, I wanted to show you a few things, so I want you to come with me. "How" Safire asked in a very curious tone.

"I told you, I know a lot of tricks." Ash said with a smirk. She then walked over to the door of the cage and got up on her hind legs. The lock was not a very good one, it was just a piece of metal holding the gate closed. She then hopped up a bit and popped open the door of the cage with her nose.

Safire pranced over to Ash and followed her through the lab. Ash jumped up by a little window ad sat in front of it. Safire followed and jumped up to the window, she looked out of it and what she saw, made her heart ache. She looked out and saw the forest, The river that separated it, and the moon with the soft fluffy clouds around it. She missed it, she missed Sarafina, she missed Flint, she missed training. She missed all of it.

Ash could tell that Safire was sad. She was lonely, she needed out of here. She needed something, A friend, her pack, she would soon discover dating. Ash sighed, She felt pity for the small wolf, she nuzzled up to Safire and Purred lightly. Safire nuzzled back and they stayed like this for a while, cuddled up and enjoying each others company.

Ash never really showed emotion like this. Safire would occassionaly ask why, but ash wouldnt crack. Ash had a strong urge to confess everything. She sat up and looked at Safire, "You know why i never really show emotion towards anyone?" She paused. "Because they always leave me in the end. I'm scared you'll leave too." she confessed.

Safire smiled softly and nuzzled the small cat. "You can relax, I'm not gonna leave. Even if i could run wild, out of here and far away from this place, I would never leave you behind." she smiled again and laid in front of Ash.

Ash smiled and began to purr, "glad I actually mean something to someone for once." she laid down next to Safire and stretched out. Safire found herself staring at Ash again, her eyes searched down from the marking on her shoulder, all the way to the little white fur on the tip of her tail. The more Safire looked, the more she noticed about Ash.

She was way skinnier than most cats, she was so slim, you could lightly see her ribs. She was under fed and not well taken care of. She was clearly a victim of the humans abuse. She had light scars on her body, mostly on her hind legs and flanks. "why do you keep your eye covered?" Safire Blurted out.

Ash sat up and sighed, "Humans" she replied. "What do you mean?" Safire tilted her head a bit. Ash sighed again and moved her hair tuft to the side, She had four big scars over her left eye, the color was a bit cloudy, so a mint green, but they were still fascinating to look at. "Well that doesnt change you, I mean... Youre still... You." Safire said with a soft smile.

Ash smiled back, "Thank you for being so accepting, Safire." she smiled and purred softly. "come on, ill let you sleep in my kennel tonight." Safire smiled. Ash nodded happily and followed Safire as she started walking in the direction of her kennel. Safire stopped in her tracks because she saw one of the humans walking towards her. Ash nuzzled her side and whispered, "relax, just hide here. It'll be fine." and she smiled and came out of the hiding place.

The humans did not care  for Ash's presence, they stopped in front of her and stared for a minute. She purred happily and mewed to try and distract the humans. They kicked her aside, literally kicked her. She yowled out in pain and curled up. Safire bolted to Ash's side an nuzzled her gently. "H-Hey, its ok, I'm fine.. At least they re gone." Ash said with a low voice. "Come on..." Safire said and began slowly walking towards the kennel.

Ash followed slowly behind and they got in the kennel. Safire crawled into her small dog house and laid down. She stretched out and sighed heavily, Ash followed into the dog house and cuddled up next to Safire. Ash purred softly and nuzzled up into Safire's fur. They both cuddled up next to each other and dozed off. Both Ash and Safire didnt feel so lonely tonight. It was nice having someone to sleep next to. It was warm and comforting. Tonight wasnt gonna be so bad.