Chapter 8

Ash and Safire were currently cuddled up next to each other, sleeping soundly. Zipda woke up and saw the two cuddling and heard the tiny purr of the stone cold cat herself. Safire heard Zipda chuckling and slowly woke up, She made eye contact with the large wolf and smiled. She then leaned down and nuzzled the small cat next to her. Ash slowly woke up and nuzzled into Safire's fur.

"Well well, what do we have here?" Zipda said with a smirk. SAfire rolled her eyes and Smirked, Ash, meanwhile, Blushed and attempted to hide her face in her paws. "Got a new sweetheart Ash?" Zipda's smirk widened. "I have no idea what your talking about." Ash responded, trying to play cool. "oh dont be so tough, i know you Ash." Zipda said. "nobody knows me." Ash growled. "Try me, cat." He replied. Ash just huffed.

"I'm gonna go..." Ash said, her voice deepened. "Please dont leave." Safire said, her ears flattened down to the sides of her head. "Really? you dont want me to leave?" Ash asked, her ears perked up a bit. "please dont..." Safire said with her adorable puppy eyes. Ash just groaned in response. "unless the wolves are annoying you...." Safire said with a pout. Ash then looked over at Zipda and saw his shit eating smirk. "tell me about it." Ash replied with an eye roll.

She then walked back over to Safire and laid next to her, nuzzling into her fur once again. Safire smiled and wrapped  her tail around the small cat, keeping her close to her body. Zipda let out a high pitched squeal and fell on his back, This caused both of the smaller creature heads to pop up and give concerned looks. he was a total fangirl, he rolled back onto his stomach and looked at the two small animals once again.

Safire and Ash looked at each other and started giggling. Ash then got up to stretch and she faced Safire and they both started giggling again. Zipda took this oppurtunity to step behind ash and bump her forcefully, shoving her towards safire. Ash's snout pressed onto Safire's and they stayed there for a bit. Ash's fur stood up and she whimpered out, jumping back and curling into a ball. Ash's face was dark red, Meanwhile Safire was blushing a light pink and covering her snout with her tail.

Zipda chuckled and smirked at Ash's reaction. Ash then turned to Zipda and lunged at him. She pinned him by his throat and held him there for a while, just choking him and growling deeply. All Zipda did was cough a bit and he still had that shit eating smirk on his face, causing Ash to growl deeper. Safire chuckled and licked the back of Ash's neck, making her jump and curl up into a ball.

"the humans are coming. You should go hide in the dog house." Safire said with a soft smile. Ash nodded and walked into the dog house, curling u under the one blanket that was in there. Safire was taken out of the kennel and lead into the arena, where there was already a challenger waiting.

That one wolf, that one sweet little wolf that she met just before she met Ash. The wolf called Flutter. That wolf was sitting in the arena and she didnt look the same. Her Eyes used to be a light pink, now they were just grey and lifeless. Her facial expression was blank and sad. Her body was strong, but she was starved. Her mouth, her little mouth. It was so gentle and tiny before. Now her teeth were large and frightening, her jaws were big enough to crush a fox's head in it.

Flutter looked Safire dead in the eye and lunged towards her. She tried to attack, but Safire was too quick. She bolted to the left. Flutter turned and looked at Safire, She began to walk her way, her movements were almost robotic. Safire felt her heart ache, this was not how a wolf was supposed to live. "I'm sorry.... I'm so sorry..." Safire whispered, she closed her eyes tight and heard Flutter roar as she lunged towards her. Safire latched her jaws onto the chest of Flutter and ripped at the flesh.

"I'm so sorry my friend...."

Flutter fell and Safire's head hung low. She cried, she cried hard for the poor soul. Safire felt her body go weak. She found herself back in the kennel, she didnt even remember being placed in the kennel in the first place. Safire curled into a ball, placed her paws over her face and wept. Ash and Zipda look at each other and frowned. They walked over to Safire and laid down on either side of her. Ash cuddled up and nuzzled underneath Safire's head, while Zipda placed his head on Safire's shoulders.

They stayed like this for quite a while, until the three of them fell asleep all curled together.