21

Flint had been walking around the territory, patroling. A few hours had passed by and he decided that he would start walking back to the dens. As he was walking along the boarders of the rouges territory, the air was knocked out of him when he was tackled by something much bigger than him. Flint looked up to see one of the monsters from the lab. His eyes widened when he realized that there was more coming, they were headed for the pack, humans followed close behind.

Flint got his berrings and he snarled loudly, clawing at the beast thaat had its jaws open, going for his neck. After some work, Flint finally knocked the beast off of him. He started bolting, but he was knocked off of his feet when the beast that tackled him, swiped its giant paw at his side, ripping open the flesh. He snarled out in pain and got back on his feet, running as fast as possible to warn Sara and Ash.

He reached Sara, his chest heaving quickly. "H-Humans! The.. Things! They are o-on their way here!..." Flint gasped, trying to deal with the pain surging through his body. Sara quickly alerted the whole pack and they lined up outside of their den area, ready to fight. The monsters came and instantly tackled the scouts. The humans came running behind in their protective suits and guns. One human was carrying bullets with some strange looking green liquid.

Everyone fought off the monsters, Two to three wolves per monster. Most of the pack was fighting off the beasts, while others were aiding Sara, Zipda, Safire, Shadow, Ash and Flint with fighting off the humans.
Ash snarled and her body grew as one of the beasts went to tackle Safire. Ash clobbered the beast within an instant and fought it off. She was already suffering from many wounds, so she was already weak.

Meanwhile, Sara lunged at one of the humans. She was shot in the shoulder with one of those strange bullets. She yelped out and he body shook, Blood and that weird liquid started to leak from her wound. Sara's eyes turned a bright green color and she felt a bloodlust desire wash over her. She turned towards Safire who looked at her with wide eyes. "S-Sara?" Safire spoke with concern in her voice. Sara snarled and lunged out at Safire, tackling her and pinning her by the throat with he claws digging into the flesh. Safire choked out and clawed at Sara's flesh, desperate for air.

Sara sunk her teeth into Safire's shoulder, causing her to scream out. Ash had managed to fight off the beast, She looked around to see her whole pack suffering, bleeding out and desparetely fighting for their lives. Her world froze and the sour air flushed through her fur, it smelt of blood, and even the sky was a cold color of dark blue, with a blood red moon. Ash looked over when she heard snarls and saw Sara, her mate, attacking Safire, the very wolf she loved like a pup. "NO!" Ash snarled out and lunged at Sara. But no effort, Sara side swiped Ash in the ribs and sent her flying into a tree. Safire managed to get Sara off of her, and she clawed at her, trying to knock some sense into her.

Sara and Safire fought, Safire was thrown around by Sara when she latched her claws painfully into Safires shoulders. Ash regained conciousness and lunged weakly back at Sara. Ash was also knocked around and Safire was thrown down and knocked out, she was bleeding out. The humans saw that they were running low on their beasts, so they blew a loud whistle and began retreating back to the hole they crawled out of. When the whistle was blown, Sara got control of her senses again, She looked at Ash who was standing over Safire, crying. "No." Safire said with a heavy breath.

Sara ran up to the two of them and looked down at Ash with worry. "This is your fault..." Ash said through the tears. "Ash Im sorry. I didnt mean to." Ash looked Sara dead in the eye and snarled. "Dont play that petty game. This wouldnt have happened if you just dodged the fucking bullet in the first place." Ash spoke with venom in her voice. She growled one last time before shifting into a saber and hoisting Safire over her back. Without any words, Ash looked at Sara, a Saber like growl escaping from her throat. With that she left, bolting towards the medical ward.

Sara was left there. Tears stinging her eyes and her heart filled with disgust, sadness and other mixed emotions.