Chapter 10

Kit tapped on the wall taking the attention of the two. He walked inside settling himself on the couch without looking at Forth and Beam.

Forth is unaffected by Kit's presence as he sit back on his chair. While Beam fumbled clumsily blushing as if he got caught doing something inappropriate.

Forth is enjoying Beam's awkwardness as he pull his shirt repeatedly. But those emotions is not showing on Forth's eyes as he read the papers Beam brought.

"Hey teach." Kit greeted surprised Beam who never thought Kit will recognized him.

"H-hi." Beam stuttered on his annoyance.

"How have you been?." Kit asked politely.

"Ah, good good thank you..and you?." Beam is uncomfortable. He can tell that Kit is not really being nice to asked how is he because Kit didn't even looked at him.

"I'm great." Kit replied. He raised his eyes then lazily leaned back on the couch. His penetrating eyes are studying Beam intently making the teacher squirmed in place.

"Kit, you need something?."  Forth notice the tension in the air and he can saw Beam squirming in place.

"Nothing much boss, just wondering if you found the mouse amusing but I want to warn you they can be dangerous if keep for sometime." Kit look at Forth in purpose which the Boss replied with intensity.

Forth is not liking Kit are insinuating.

Beam who already uncomfortable became even more so as the room's temperature drop some more. The two other men are like having intense internal battle that they can only hear.
Forth's eyes are cold and challenging while Kit's are serious and firm.

"Don't question my thing I know what am I doing." Forth said in low voice.

"Do you? Because on what I'm seeing, you are playing and I'm afraid by playing you'll end up falling." Kit fire back.

Forth slammed both his hand on the countertop making the papers and other things on it jump on impact. Beam's heart is beating miles per hour as he witness the stand down that he knows he shouldn't be witnessing.

"Enough! How dare you!." Forth said in slow matter. Word per word.

"I have to if that's the only way you'll realize it." Kit replied on cold voice.

Forth stood up from his seat as he stalk on Kit. Fist are clench, jaw taut in anger.
Forth never lose his temper this fast. He always level headed that put him on top of his game. But this time, his insides are protesting not giving him time to ponder on what the fuck he is doing. Kit was right he is losing reason but at the moment that voice of reason are yet to reach his chaotic mind.

Beam cannot take it anymore. He stepped on front of Forth using his palm on the angry boss to stop him from coming closer to Kit. Forth's wild eyes found Beam's scared orbs. Then suddenly like a bucket of cold water his anger dissipate fast.

Fuck!

Forth's gaze found Kit's boasting looked.

The silent I told you so is clearly written all over his face.

Forth is not allowed to loss control. His eyes follow the palm of Beam that is press on the part of his chest where his heart is drumming hard.

Scared eyes against cold ones.

Kit never anticipated Forth's move that follows.
Like a slow motion, Forth cupped Beam's nape. The shocked teacher who never expected the turn of event didn't move accordingly but instead he was frozen in place.
Before he knows it hbeam felt something warm and wet against his dry lips. He didn't move. He was too shocked to react as Forth navigate his mouth on the Teacher's surprised lips. Forth bite the plump lower lip before ending his manifestation as he stepped back.

Dangerous Stepsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें