Vague

"Do you think she's okay?"

Huh?

"I couldn't care less honestly."

What?

I deliberately fluttered my eyes open since I was awakened by the indistinct murmurs entering my ears, only to see a bizarre sight of Jeon Jungkook, my insolent college mate, and Kim Taehyung, the friendliest guy I know, surrounding me on both sides.

"Oh look, the demon's awake

"Oh look, the demon's awake." Jungkook commented bluntly and unnecessarily.

Taehyung, the inner corners of his thick brows raised with concern, immediately looked down at me and shouted, "Mina!"

Sitting the upper-half of my body up on the bed like some sort of inflexible zombie, I cautiously spun my head 90 degrees to my left and right, only to realize that I was in the nurse's office.

"What happened...?" I perplexedly questioned, rubbing my eyes with the knuckles of my fists.

"We found you unconscious by the stairs, so we guessed you fell down. We saw that your ankle was bruised, so we carried you here." Taehyung kindly informed, making me shift my attention to my neatly bandaged ankle.

"'We'? I had to carry her heavy ass here alone because you were too weak you liar." Jungkook protested, giving him a harsh smack on the right pec of his chest.

"W-Well I was the one who treated her leg s-so!" Taehyung argued, his cheeks now glowing crimson red from being exposed of his dishonesty.

"Man, how am I going to walk home?" I grumbled to myself while the two quarreled, since I had to walk home everyday because I've miserably failed my driving test a zillion times already.

"Don't worry, Jungkook's going to drive you home." Taehyung gave me a thumbs-up of assurance, only to cause Jungkook and I to instantly turn into two frozen icebergs.

Oh god, please no.

Although I've already spent two whole years with Jungkook in the same college, I've never really gotten intimate with him, considering he appears to have grown some type of resentment towards me, guessing from the way he always targets me to criticize out of all the girls. 

Just the thought of riding home with him all alone made me grit my teeth out of extreme cringe.

Eek, the awkwardness.

"You know what, I think my ankle's feeling a lot better!" I lied, scooting my butt over to the edge of the cotton sheets and forcing myself to stand up, limping forward to prove that I was capable of walking.

"Yeah, Mina can walk. Besides, it's a waste of gas for me." Jungkook nonchalantly shrugged his broad shoulders, making my nose scrunch up from irritation by his utter inconsiderateness.

"Be a gentlemen for once and drive the poor girl home." Taehyung scolded, giving him a powerful punch on his upper arm.

Now rubbing the area where he got hit with a sullen pout formed, Jungkook responded with a discontented "fineeee."

"N-No really! It's fine-" I objected, but Taehyung cut me off.

"Nope. We're not letting you walk home with your ankle like that Mina." He shook his head with his eyes shut, his mind unchanging and stubborn.

Sighing in defeat, I gave him a nod of reluctance.

"T-Thanks.."

*   *   *

"Be at the entrance by 5."

Rereading the text message I received from Jungkook, I lifted my left arm and checked my silver wrist watch to see that it was exactly 4:59 pm.

"Phew, I made it on time." I deeply exhaled out of sheer relief.

It sure was a struggle rushing to the exit out of the building while dragging my bandaged leg, just so I wouldn't piss off that insensitive, self-centered rascal. 

Right at that moment, I noticed a black Mercedes-Benz proficiently steer its way toward my direction, coming to a complete halt a few feet away from where I stood.

The darkly tinted windows rolled down and revealed a sneering, mischievous-looking bunny, who cockily mouthed the words "get in."

I expected him to lend me some help by aiding me into his car, but of course, Jungkook took out his iPhone X and began to idly scroll through it instead.

Clenching both of my fists from infuriation, I staggered my way to his car door with stiff, faltering steps, literally taking a whole five minutes to finally reach my destination.

Heatedly tugging on the black handle of his car and situating myself on his leather passenger seat, Jungkook shoved his phone into the pocket of his denim jeans and boorishly scoffed, "Took you long enough you grandma."

Although I was determined to give him a full-power uppercut right on the spot, I contained myself and uttered a forced "sorry," since he had the tiniest of generosity in his heart to give me a free ride.

After telling him my home address, he swiftly shifted his gear lever into drive and spun the wheel leftwards, maneuvering his way out toward the main road.

I presumed he'd take a right turn towards my house, but he took an abrupt left instead.

"Uhm, you do know my house is that way right?" I clarified, pointing out the window with my thumb.

"I know." Jungkook responded with indifference in his tone, taking another turn into an extensive parking lot of a restaurant, which had "MCDONALD'S" largely written on a humungous sign in neon yellow letters.

Swerving straight to the drive-through line, the car slowed to a standstill in front of an intercom.

"Okay, why are we-"

"Just shhh." He silenced me with his pointer up in my face, casually rolling down his window and clearing his throat.

"Welcome to McDonald's, what would you like to order?" An audible voice suddenly said from the small intercom.

"Yeah hi, can I get a Double Quarter Pounder with large fries and a large Pepsi? Thanks." Jungkook requested precipitously, proceeding forward without even waiting for the worker to respond.

I wordlessly shook my head in bafflement by his insensitive behavior as he made his payment and accepted his meal, absolutely unbothered and apathetic.

Shoving the lukewarm paper bag into my arms, Jungkook demanded, "Hold it."

With my eyes circulating, I asked with agitation, "Can you take me home now?"

"We're stopping by my house first." He stated, exiting out of the drive-through lane and once again heading out to the bustling main road.

"For what?" I faced him, raising an eyebrow out of curiosity.

"I owe my dumbass brother some McDonald's because I lost a stupid bet." Jungkook groaned, still seeming to be upset over the fact that he lost.

"Oh you have a brother?" I cocked my head.

"Yeah, he's two years older than me." He nodded.

"Is he a self-centered brat like you?" I rolled my eyes.

"You know, you sure ask a lot of questions Ms. Obnoxious. Maybe I'll just stop my car right now and kick your ass out-"

"Okay okay I'll shut up." I raised both hands in the air like I was under arrest, my truthful inner voice grumbling the word, "jerk."