Envisage

~ Jungkook's POV ~

During break time, Hyori and I remained in the extensive history classroom even after every single one of the multitude of my college-mates skedaddled out of the place, the two of us making out in the back of the class where it was secluded and concealed.

I have nothing better to do, and she's a great way to kill time.

Gradually disconnecting her lips from mine, one of the corners of Hyori's roseate mouth coiled up with amorousness and radiant shimmers dazzled in her heart-shaped pupils.

"I love you so much." She reminded me for the zillionth time today, neither a flutter of my stomach nor a tingly sensation evoking within me from her tiresome endearment.

I simply smiled, because I didn't feel the same.

Her fastened arms still enclosing my waist, Hyori began to bemoan and complain like she always does, being the utter blabber mouth she is.

"Ugh, I still can't believe Mina tried to get me in trouble yesterday." She recalled the tragic incident, giving all the blame exclusively to Mina when it's entirely her fault.

"But I'm so glad you came. I knew you would protect me Jungkookie." She embraced me tightly, making it seem like I was her knight in shining armor.

But I only lied like that out of sheer pridefulness and self-indulgence.

I lied like that, just so Mina wouldn't figure out that I have absolutely no feelings for Hyori whatsoever.  

I lied like that, just so she wouldn't find out of my true objective.

I lied like that, just so she wouldn't know that I'm still in love with her.

"Speaking of that thing, I heard a rumor that she used to date a guy that was way older than her." Hyori unexpectedly brought up the past relationship of Mina and Jimin, causing me to break out into cold sweat and zip my mouth pronto.

Little does she know, that Mina's ex happens to be the older brother of her current boyfriend.

"Mina probably just wanted attention cause no one ever likes her. Or even worse, she probably only used the poor guy for money!" She continued on with her criticism and back-stabbing, making it sound like Mina was an insensitive, savage exploiter or monster.

"God, I had a feeling she was a whore but I never knew she was a damn gold-digger."

That was it.

I acted on impulse and ferociously hit the wooden closet beside me out of rage and indignation, startling the crap out of Hyori and finally shutting her up as a thunderous boom echoed throughout the soundless classroom.

Sending her an infuriated glare, I invincibly tightened the grip of my fists.

"Don't talk about Mina like that."

Hyori gulped shrinkingly, taking a timid step back away from me as if she feared I was going to harm her.

"Why are you getting so defensive over that worthless trash? I'm your girlfriend, remember?" She admonished and pointed out, like she was superior to all the girls that existed in the campus.

And that's when it hit me.

What the fuck am I doing?

Why am I dating Hyori and doing all these things with her, when I solely want to do them with Mina?

Why am I dissipating my time on her, when I could be fixing everything with Mina?

Why am I pretending to like her, when I know I'm still in love with Mina?

Seductively wrapping her arms around my stiffened shoulders, Hyori gave me a smirk of eroticism, "Here, I'll remind you."

Slowly beginning to lean in and lessening the gap between us, she puckered her glossy lips with intentions of kissing me once again.

Completely discarding my selfish ego and rapacious greed, I swiftly swerved her kiss and dauntlessly whispered into her left ear.

"Have fun being single."

Instantaneously, Hyori's figure turned into an indurated stone, clearly not prepared for that unforeseen break-up.

I strolled right past her with my hands buried in my pockets with carefreeness, but she urgently stopped me, "N-No, Jungkook! W-Wait!"

"Oh by the way," I paused, forgetting to let her know of something important.

Spinning back around and slouching closer to her to the point where our noses were nearly two inches apart, I cautioned her with a menacing threat.

"Say one more shit about Mina and I'll fucking ruin your life."

And just like that, I heedlessly abandoned Hyori and her love that was never returned in the first place.