Serendipity

Speed walking through the extensive hallway to art class with my folders and whatnot nearly falling out of my arms, both my feet took an impulsive halt all of a sudden, as if my internal brakes were instinctively stepped on.

My grip on my belongings tightened, goosebumps on my skin formed, and my frightened shoulders rose up at the sight of my ex-boyfriend, Kim Seokjin, in the middle of the hall casually conversing with his peers.

Before his penetrating eyes could land on me, I hid my small figure behind the closest wall with only one desperate question deluging my mind

What the hell do I do?

Jin and I broke up a couple of months ago, but there still exists this terribly awkward tension between us after the horrid, traumatic memories created.

Well, long story short, we didn't end very nicely.

While immense hesitation and apprehension overwhelmed me, a distinct voice spoke to me from behind.

"Mina?"

Spinning around in haste, my shoulders drooped together with a deep exhale once I saw Jungkook standing there.

For the first time ever, his voice sounded like that one of a celestial angel.

"What's wrong with you?" He observed my jittery behavior with bewilderment, and all that came out of my mouth were the tentative words of "I-I u-uhm.."

I speculated that he took the hint because Jungkook's gaze glanced past me and onto Jin, and he instantly appeared to understand the whole situation.

"Just follow behind me and act natural." He instructed in an assured manner, leading the way and safeguarding me as I submissively trailed after.

Jungkook's masculine physique wholly obscured my body, allowing me to be concealed from Jin's range of vision

Once we arrived at the end of the hallway and surely out of Jin's perception, I lightly heaved the corner of Jungkook's white t-shirt, making his footsteps cease followed by the turn of his head.

"T-Thanks." I muffled with my eyes glued to the tile flooring, not really used to showing my gratitude towards him.

I anticipated to be bombarded with comments of ridicule, but I was given two gentle pats on the top of my head instead with the comforting statement, "Just call me and I'll come."

And with that, Jungkook jogged off to his next class.

Wow, guess he's not that evil after all.

* * *

After a long hour of laboriously painting our favorite animal we selected on a gigantic canvas, we were all currently cleaning up the acrylics, masonite boards, wooden easels, and palettes we utilized.

Well, more like majority of my classmates did all the work while Yuri and I just compared our masterpieces at our seats.

"Is there a reason to why you drew an overly ripped gorilla?" I pointed at her ambiguous work of art, and Yuri started off with an "okay so" to prepare for a meticulous interpretation.

"This depicts my ideal type, because I don't want some weak wimp. I want a strong guy with muscles, you know?" She expounded, and I immediately noticed Taehyung, who was merely a few feet behind her, rush to the multiple stack of plastic bistro chairs.

God, how obvious can you be Kim Taehyung?

Attempting to demonstrate how robust he is in front of the love of his life, he lifted the weighty stack with all his might, ultimately resulting with all the chairs collapsing onto the ground and instigating a rambunctious commotion.

Not only did he get Yuri's attention, but also all eyes of the entire art class were now on him.

Everyone laughed hysterically at Taehyung, who was now on the ground achingly rubbing his butt with glowing, tomato-like cheeks, but Yuri promptly scurried over to the poor guy's side.

She bent down in front of him with her knees tucked in her chest, tilting her head with concern as she asked, "You okay Taetae?"

Blushing even harder, all Taehyung could do was nod due to his loss of words from the humiliating incident.

"Oh my god, you're bleeding!" Yuri detected the minor wound on the palm of his hand, unhesitatingly clutching onto his other hand and telling him, "I'll take you to the nurse," being that benign, amiable person who just can't leave an injured person alone.

Being assisted out of class hand-in-hand, Taehyung took a quick glance back at me right before exiting, showing me a triumphant peace sign and doing a slight skip before leaving.

I couldn't help but snicker, truly happy for him.

I guess this helped?