Solicit

While tiding up my house for that judgmental twit who's coming over to tutor me, the enticing redolence of hazelnut coffee began to permeate the living room as my dad brewed some in the kitchen.

Two expected knocks were heard from the front door, already fifteen minutes late.

"About time." I grumbled as I scurried over to the entrance to welcome him in.

Jungkook, carrying a box of fried chicken from one of my favorite restaurants, casually entered and greeted us, "Hey Mina. Hi Mina's dad. Nice to meet you sir."

Oh geez, the fakeness in his tone.

"Brought you some fried chicken if you'd like some." He lifted the box, my dad immediately looking at me and nodding in approval, "I like your friend already."

Thanking Jungkook and transferring the box from his hold to the table, I sent an intimidating glare at my dad, "Don't finish everything okay."

"No promises." He belittled my remark, unfortunately having an exceptional love for fried chicken almost as equal to mine.

"Follow me." I motioned Jungkook to come with me to my room, and he compliantly obeyed to my surprise.

Half way up the wooden stairs, he suddenly stopped in front of a framed picture of my mother attached to the wall.

"Who's she?" He asked, briefly examining every feature of her face as I responded, "My mom."

Taking another good second to admire the picture as if it was an extraordinary artwork exhibited at a museum, Jungkook stated, "She's beautiful."

"Thanks-"

"You look just like her."

Stunned by his impetuous compliment, I blushed a teensy bit. 

But luckily Jungkook didn't witness my reddened cheeks, because he obliviously strolled past me and continued to climb up the stairs.

Right as he took a step into my room and onto my vibrant rainbow carpet, he plopped down on my fuzzy bean sack chair, the scarlet hearts printed on it juxtaposing with his black attire.

"Alright what's your weakest subject?" Jungkook questioned as I placed my utensils along with my incomplete assignments on my desk and responded without hesitation, "Everything."

Releasing a sigh of hopelessness, he rephrased, "Okay what's the subject you get the lowest score in?"

"Hmm, math?" I answered.

Standing right back on his feet, Jungkook asserted, "Then let's start with math."

* * *

Although Jungkook was helpful for the first five minutes, he eventually got distracted by the various comic books loaded in my colossal shelf.

I swear he has the attention span of a goldfish.

I guess he finally noticed me struggling on this one question, because I heard one of his familiar sighs followed by the tapping of his footsteps approaching from behind.

Suddenly, two veinous hands grasped onto the edge of my desk on both sides of my body, trapping me as his towering presence hovered over me.

"Which question?" He asked, and I mutely aided his eyes to the equation on my paper with my finger.

Jungkook leaned a bit closer to get a better look at the math problem, and all I could smell was his expensive cologne which emanated a sedative, soapy scent.

Geez, does he know what personal space is?

"First, you find the x, then you substitute it and you find the y for this." He diligently instructed as he jotted down notes and numerous arrows with my led pencil, making it easier for me to comprehend.

"Dang, you're smart." I raised both my eyebrows at his intelligence, Jungkook now displaying that egotistical "I know" look on his face.

"Is your brother smart too?" I referred to Jimin, wondering if it ran in the family.

"I'm smarter." He answered with great arrogance, but I simply ignored it and proceeded with another question.

"Is he-"

"He's taken so don't even try." Jungkook stopped me, presuming I was going to inquire if Jimin was single or not.

"That's not even what I was going to ask." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, then what?" He lowered one of his brows.

"Is he popular like you?" I asked, only to get the anticipated response,"I get more girls."

Realizing how pointless it is to interrogate him, I decided to return my attention back to my homework.

"Help me with this question." I pointed out another befuddling math equation, and Jungkook leisurely nodded with an indolent "alright alright."

~ The Next Day ~

Coming upon the heavy, steel doors of the university, I entered with not a single enthusiasm like everyday, only this time I was greeted by Kim Taehyung holding up his signature peace sign at the sight of me.

"Oh, hey Tae

"Oh, hey Tae." I grinned at my friend, but was emphatically clasped by my forearm by him.

"I need your help." Taehyung said with all seriousness in his hoarse voice, dragging me vigorously to the desolate stairway.

It was unconventional to see the usually buoyant and zappy Taehyung to be this austere, so I was actually pretty worried at this moment.

Making sure no one was around to eavesdrop, he once again faced me with his dark pupils wavering with angst.

"What's wrong?" I asked with extreme curiosity killing me.

Unexpectedly, Taehyung covered his face with the palm of his hands, his cheeks beginning to transform into a bright tinge of red.

"I-I really like Yuri and I don't know what to do." He confessed his massive crush on my best friend, completely taking me by surprise.

"Y-You like Yuri?!" I gasped with widened eyes, utterly astonished.

"Please don't tell anyone! I just really want her to like me back, and I thought you could... maybe... help me?" He bashfully pleaded with overloading cuteness, making it impossible for me to say no.

"Don't worry, I'll do whatever I can to make her fall for you." I gave him a thumbs-up, now the number one supporter of shipping Taehyung and Yuri.

Beaming with one of his brightest square-shaped smiles, Taehyung jubilantly thanked me, "You're the best Mina."