Addicted

4:00 pm

The catastrophic calamity that occurred in the art class was regarded as a minor accident, and I fortunately received only a warning without being subject to any detrimental punishments.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about my standing in this university or the stupid opinions the professors have of me, because it's already been eradicated from the countless campus regulations I've violated.

But what I did care about and what aggrieved me the most was the fact that Jungkook deliberately and knowingly forsook me for someone he doesn't even have the slightest of feelings for and has considered a nobody for three whole years up until now. 

I still couldn't believe he relinquished our infrangible relationship and dependable trust just like that.

I guess I never really meant anything to him.

Currently situated in an empty classroom with my head buried in my arms, my melancholic feelings and inconsequential thoughts of that betrayer diverted my attention from the numerous incomplete assignments messily dispersed on top of my desk.

Despite how hard I try to dismiss Jungkook from my mind, his distressing yet irresistibly handsome face just wouldn't leave me alone, similar to an uninvited guest who crashes a party with zero intentions of departing any time soon.

He's the deleteriously pernicious yet cravingly desirable drug poisoning my body entirely and profoundly, and I was the inveterate addict who desperately ached for it.

Shutting my eyes vigorously and quickly shaking my head in my arms, I consigned my permeating thoughts of Jungkook to oblivion and decided to catch some Z's.

Within 30 seconds, my consciousness gradually and abstractedly began to dwindle, and soon enough, I was completely knocked-out.

*    *    *

"Since freshman year of college, I've only had eyes for you Mina." Jungkook confessed without a bit of deceit apparent, extremely taking me by surprise.

"Your good nature, irresistible looks, unchanging selflessness, all of that made me fall head over heels for you. That's why I was always so damn tongue-twisted around you, only knowing how to tease or offend you without intending to." He expounded on the hidden meaning behind his criticizing demeanor solely towards me, his white skin growing rosy and pink evident even in the dingy surrounding.

"I'm terrible at expressing how I feel, but I do know one thing for sure." He paused for a second, meeting his glistening pupils with mine.

"I'm in love with you Mina."

Slam.

My reminiscing dream was abruptly interjected by an emphatic close of the door of the classroom, allowing me to regain a meager amount of awareness while still half-unconscious with my eyelids still shut.

I could marginally perceive faint footsteps advancing towards where I sat, but I purposely disregarded it in order to return my focus back to my dream, since it was the only way my unattainable crush on Jungkook could vicariously be requited.

But the mysterious, resounding footsteps unanticipatedly came to an end right next to me, and a compelling, strangely intimate figure was able to be detected.

Suddenly, I felt something extremely soft and delicate press against my cheek with fragility and gentleness, but I couldn't quite distinguish what it was.

A discernible, soapy fragrance invaded my nose, oddly alleviating my rampageous heart and bringing me to a state of comfort. 

I sensed the towering presence back away discreetly, uttering something before barreling out of the classroom with haste.

"I'm really sorry, Mina."

Those four words reverberated inside my head as if my brain was a hollow, desolate tunnel, that slightly hoarse yet euphonious tone of voice peculiarly initiating an electrifying spark throughout my veins.

Although barely awake, I had an estimated idea of who that person might've been.

Jung...kook?