Te Amo

Just to hang out as a blithesome, fun-loving group, Yuri, Taehyung, Jimin, Jungkook and I attended an annual festival held downtown filled with mesmerizing illuminations, boundless food stands, and swarms of people inundating the place.

Enjoying some fluffy, sweet confection of cotton candy on a cone-shaped paper core at a teak wooden bench near one of the countless tents, the five of us were laughing our asses off at some stupid joke Jungkook had made.

"Glad to see you two all happy again." Jimin smiled in all sincerity, admiring the two of us aligned next to one another.

"Yeah, actually kind of missed her hideous laugh." Yuri wrapped an arm around me and gave me an amicable, chummy side hug.

Pointing directly at his younger brother, Jimin malevolently glowered and menaced him.

"Hurt her, and I'm kicking your ass."

Still afraid of his older brother despite their evident height difference, Jungkook gulped diffidently.

"Oh! I think the fireworks are gonna go up soon!" Yuri pushed the panic button as she verified the time on her wrist watch, hurriedly getting up on her two feet.

"Crap, we have to find a good spot." Jimin rose from his seat as well.

"Let's go let's go!" Taehyung rapturously sprinted off and beckoned them to follow, the three of them restlessly scampering off into the hustling crowd.

"W-Wait guys!" I pursued them immediately, squeezing my way through the innumerable adults, lovey-dovey couples, and buoyant children having the time of their lives at this convivial festival.

Soon enough, I was lost like a little child who was accidentally isolated from her parents.

"What do I do.." I mumbled to myself while spinning my head to my left and right, seeking for my friends but seeing all these unfamiliar faces instead.

Out of nowhere, a large, sinewy hand clasped mine vigorously, yanking my body and dragging me along with him.

Glancing upward, I recognized the towering figure as none other than Jungkook, his robust back faced towards me as he escorted me out of the arduous maze.

"Stay next to me and don't let go." He instructed, having no idea of what a chaotic pandemonium he had just instigated in my heart from his alleviating words and actions.

Even with the wintry breeze caressing my skin, I was an absolutely flushed, sweltering bonfire inside.

It's the same back that saved me when I was troubled in the hallway because of Jin.

It's the same hand that recovered my priceless bracelet when I misplaced it.

It's the same kindness that came to rescue me so many uncountable times.

Jungkook really is my exclusive superhero.

Eventually, the two us came to a desolate destination as we finally escaped the disarray of people, now at a bedimmed area not so separated from the festival.

"Where the hell did they go?" Jungkook ruffled his bangs in vexation, his reassuring hand still firmly embracing mine.

Of course I desiderated to be united with Yuri, Taehyung, and Jimin as soon as possible, but in all honesty, I wished time would just cease to tick right now.

It's just him and I, no heartaches, antagonism, or resentment existing between us.

Gulping out of audaciousness with a bit of sheepishness, I spoke up, "Jungkook, I need to tell you something."

Turning his charming face towards me with his dark charcoal hair attractively oscillating in the wind, he raised his eyebrows at me and asked, "What is it?"

But right as I detached my lips from each other and uttered the words, a whizzing whistle was heard from above, followed by a boisterous, sonic explosion synchronously emitting vibrant streaks of magenta pink and cerulean blue.

Numerous fireworks resoundingly blasting one after the other in the caliginous night sky, Jungkook still leaned in and lended me his ear as he audibly shouted, "Sorry, I couldn't hear you!"

You know what, if he cant hear me, I'll show it.

The pulse of my heart throbbing as emphatic as the vehement booms going on in the background, I tugged Jungkook closer to me and kissed him passionately, my lips on the covetable lips I've earnestly yearned for.

It felt like everything was elapsing in slow motion, the kiss luscious and sweet from the sugary cotton candy we ate earlier.

The thundering fireworks gradually subsided, and with the last crackling diminishing, we gradually disconnected our lips.

Staring up at Jungkook's enlarged eyes, I gave a heartfelt confession with both of our cheeks clearly blushing and crimson even in the dim surrounding.

"I said 'I love you.'"

But at the worst timing, I perceived Yuri's vivacious voice approaching our location from my left.

"Minaaaa? Jungkooook?" She called our names still in search for us, and I quickly faced her direction to wave at her so she could find us easily.

"Yuri-"

But I was spun right back around by a hasty grip on my left shoulder, taken by surprise by an unforeseen, brisk peck on my lips by Jungkook.

Witnessing my dumbfounded reaction, he gave me an adorable, enamored half-smile.

"I love you too."

~ The End ~