Ache

~ Mina's POV ~

7:00 pm

Ravenously descending from the stairs while following the mouthwatering, savory aroma of Korean food, I excitably skipped into the kitchen.

"Hey dad, what's for dinner tonight?" I leaned against our laminate countertop with my arms interlaced, looking at my father with shimmering pupils.

"I don't know, why don't you go ask Jimin?" He gave me a shrug of mockery, instigating a roll of my eyes.

He's been a bit salty ever since he found out I have a boyfriend.

"What's so good about that small dude anyways?" My dad scoffed disparagingly while stirring whatever he's cooking with a ubiquitous wooden spoon.

"Stop calling him that. Jimin's not small." I defended my boyfriend.

"You better be talking about his height." He glowered at me menacingly, immediately making me berate him for his disturbing comment, "Dad!"

"By the way, what happened to your tutor? He was really handsome." He questioned worriedly, seeming to miss Jungkook's presence in the house.

"Uhh.." I scratched my head out of reluctance, ruminating on whether I should tell him or not.

"What? Did something happen between you two?" My dad's curiosity enhanced, and he even paused his cooking just to listen to me.

"Well..." I trailed off in timidness, informing my dad of the problematic dilemma I'm currently in, "Jungkook has a crush on me, and I don't know what to do.."

Supporting his chin with his thumb and forefinger as he contemplated for a moment, my dad clarified out of the blue, "Now what did mom used to always tell you?"

"Follow my heart?" I restated the enduring motto my mother instilled in my mind ever since I was three.

Nodding, my dad showed me a passionate half smile and said, "It's cliche, but it's true. Just listen to what your heart tells you to do, and trust me, you'll be happy in the end."

"Your mother was always right, and that's why I loved her. She was independent and strong, just like you." He ruffled the top of my brunette hair, making me giggle like a little child.

"Thanks dad." I beamingly grinned up at him.

"By the way, I like Jungkook more than Jimin." My dad informed me of his personal opinion.

"What? Why?" I cocked my head to the left, befuddled at why he despises Jimin so much.

"Jimin seems too nice for a guy." He complained with an irrational excuse, but I accepted his remark as a compliment rather than an insult.

"And that's what I love about him."

Pretending to vomit, my dad added to his anti-Jimin list, "Another reason why I dont like your boyfriend."

~ The Next Day ~

Setting my foot in the classroom, the very first thing that caught my eye was Hyori, attired in a low V-neck sweater, skittering over to Jungkook, who was diligently studying —like always—in an isolated corner.

Plopping down on a chair located right beside him, Hyori scooted closer with her boobs compressed together and exposing a huge cleavage.

"Jungkookie, are you okayyy?" She asked in a pitch higher than her ordinary voice, sounding like some mosquito that inhaled helium.

I cringed. Hard.

"I'm fine, thanks." Jungkook smiled at her, mistaking her lustful desires for genuine considerateness.

Witnessing him crack a smile he never shows me anymore, especially to someone that I resent from the bottom of my heart, an itty-bitty amount of rage kindled inside my chest and peculiarly pissed me off.

Oh, so he can talk to Hyori but not me?

"Damn Mina, you look like you wanna murder someone." I heard Yuri's voice comment from ahead, probably presuming from my agitated resting bitch face.

"Maybe I do." I crossed my arms heatedly, referring to both Jungkook and Hyori.

Following the direction of my glare, Yuri made a discernible "ohh" face, aware of my unconditional abhorrence towards Hyori.

"Look at her fluttering her clumpy lashes, trying to seduce him with her forced cleavage.
Disgusting." I scrunched up my nose out of irritation and faked a gag, scowling directly at her like a growling bulldog.

"Mina, do you have any idea how jealous you sound right now?" Yuri pointed out all of a sudden, instantaneously snapping me out of it.

"What? Why the hell would I be jealous? It's not like I like him." I raised a brow at her nonsense.

"I mean I know that but, why are you so concerned about him and Hyori then?" Yuri interrogated, leaving me speechless and unable to answer.

In all truthfulness, I wasn't jealous of Hyori.

I was jealous of Jungkook's ability to openly talk to her when he wouldn't even dare to make mere eye-contact with me.

"I'm not." I objected with adamance, when in reality, I missed the fuck out of the hideous laughs we used to share, the comeback competitions we used to do, and even the ludicrous arguments we used to have over the littlest of things.

I miss everything.

I miss us.

I miss you, Jungkook.