Destined

~ Jimin's POV ~

Searching for Mina in the small crowd of her companions, I finally spotted her bizarrely dancing around like an inflatable tube man that you find wiggling along with the wind.

Faltering over to Yuri, who was right beside Mina gawking in bewilderment at her abnormal behavior.

"Is she... drunk?" I pointed at my wobbly girlfriend, observing her concernedly together with Yuri.

Stumbling over to me and flinging herself into my arms, Mina wailed my name with glowing red cheeks, "Jiminnnn~"

"Yeah, she's definitely drunk." I nodded, confirming from the dazed, intoxicated tone of her voice.

"I'll be right back. I'm gonna take Mina to her room." I notified Yuri, just so Mina wouldn't instigate a fuss and it was already getting late anyways.

"Okay." Yuri waved her palm at me goodbye, taking a quick sip from her fruit punch and sauntering off to where Taehyung was at.

"Alright Mina, let's go." I attempted to haul her by her wrist, but she hindered me in my efforts to prevent her from humiliation and started to whine instead, "Noooo I need more apple juice~"

"Nope." I disapproved resolutely, leaving me no choice but to heave her up and carry her petite body on my right shoulder.

Mina began to belt out a random song totally off-key, attracting the attention of the people surrounding us as I bustled toward her stairs leading up to her room.

Her overly hyper and delirious state ultimately subsided as we reached her timber wood door, allowing me to sedately twist open her doorknob with my left hand while supporting her body with my right.

Cautiously laying her down on her queen size four poster bed, I noticed she was nearly about to fall asleep, her delicate lashes drowsily flickering in slow motion as her eyelids struggled to remain open.

"That freaking jerk didn't show up to my birthday party.. Can you believe that?" She vented her frustration to me, obviously attributing it to Jungkook.

There she goes again, talking about my younger brother.

I don't think she acknowledges it, but during our late night calls, our sporadic dates, or even our short conversations, Jungkook's all she mentions recently.

I understand that she's worried about him, but not gonna lie, I get jealous at times.

"J-Jimin..." Mina hiccuped as she called out my name, languidly beckoning me to come closer.

"Hm?" I lended her my ear obediently, and she mumbled in a bashful manner, "I'm going to tell you a secret... but you have to promise me you won't tell anyone."

My heart literally liquefying from my girlfriend's adorable demeanor and request, I giggled, "I promise."

Tugging my body nearer to her, Mina once again whispered in sheepishness all giddy and shy.

"I like Jungkook."

.

.

.

What?

I sensed an abysmal void developing deep in my chest, doubt and skepticism engulfing my blank thoughts.

Inferring that she was merely blabbering nonsense at this moment because of her intoxicated mind, I briefly shrugged it off.

"Mina, you're drunk. You should go to sleep." I tucked her into her turquoise, knit weave cotton blanket, and within ten seconds, she was already off to dreamland.

Lifting my weight off of the edge of her bed, I ambled toward the exit of her room and took one last glimpse at the sleeping angel, then switched the lights off and closed the door behind me.

I leaned my despondent, confused back against her wooden door, everything now just hitting me all at once.

Did Mina mean what she said?

Does she really like Jungkook?

Does this mean she lost feelings for me?

All these pessimistic queries inundated my turbulent mind, both my palms placed on the sides of my head as I obliged myself to think otherwise.

But her unintentional tendency to bring up Jungkook, her blushful reaction when mentioning him, and her rosy cheeks she used to only show me, it all falls into place.

My girlfriend has a crush on my younger brother.

Crestfallenly sliding my back down against the door of her room, I palmed my eyes as my shoulder began to quiver, my inevitable despair pouring out into my tears now cascading down my face.

And what fucking sucks is that, I can't hate neither Jungkook nor Mina for my abominable heartache.

I truly treasure Jungkook as a younger brother, and I cherish Mina as the love of my life.

All I could do was sob my abandoned heart out, neglecting my brutally vanquished feelings, suffering from the dejecting sentiment of being unloved, and despising destiny for fucking everything up.