Amore

7:00 pm

The wild blue yonder was now obscured with a curtain of darkness, the bustling individuals disappeared from the sidewalks, and the temperature of the atmosphere had become chilly throughout the time I was patiently awaiting Jimin outside the cafe.

At long last, Jimin came out from the door of the building wearing a thick Adidas jacket, jerking in surprise as soon as he recognized my presence.

"M-Mina?" Stuttering slightly, his tensed-up demeanor indicated that he isn't quite comfortable with seeing me just yet after the incident.

Although aware that I was only troubling him, I greeted him with a sheepish "Hey."

"What're you doing out here?" He ambled closer to me with his fists stuffed in his pockets, trying his best to act laid-back for me.

Gathering up the tiniest of courage I had inside, I invited him with searingly hot cheeks, "I was hoping we could... go for a walk or something?"

A teensy bit of hesitation was evident, but Jimin beamed at me with his unchanging, amiable grin like he always does.

"Okay."

* * *

Climbing up a myriad of stairs while prattling nonchalantly about our lunatic friends, ludicrous jokes, or even whimsical stories that occurred during the day, Jimin and I finally came to a desolate playground.

The inescapable discomfort was now gone, and we were back to our unperturbed, serene selves.

He doesn't like me back, and it's fine.

I like us like this.

"Oh my god, the city looks so pretty up here!" I squealed with thrill as I leaned on the cold, metal railing, marveling at the compacted and vibrantly illuminated residences, hotels, and other countless buildings.

"Let's sit at the hill over so we can get a better view." Jimin suggested, already making his way  to the elevated, grassy landform.

Following after him, I cautiously ascended the steep hill with slow, vigilant steps, but when I was halfway there, I stumblingly lost my balance.

But before I could fall on my back, Jimin yanked my arm strenuously in his direction, resulting with my body being pressed against his, his hands secured on my waist, and our faces only three inches apart.

Our complexion incarnadined into a bright pinkish-red shade simultaneously, I could feel his pulse accelerating just like mine, and we wordlessly stargazed in one another's marble-like pupils.

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

Our thunderous heartbeats were all we could hear, and I could guarantee that Jimin's thoughts were just as rampageous as mine were right now.

Acting without forethought, I noticed my face impulsively drawing nearer to him, ultimately combining my lips with his.

I know, this is wrong.

But the thing is, he didn't push me away.

Steadily disconnecting from his enticingly plump lips, I stared into his enlarged eyes and said the line my heart's been ardently and longingly wailing out this entire time.

"I'm sorry, but I still like you Jimin."

Jimin's frozen posture, which resembled that of a cement statue, gradually mollified, his stiffened shoulders slouched and a sigh escaped his mouth.

"Why cant you just give up on me?"

Unable to answer his question, I kept my mouth shut.

It's just, impossible.

Sighing once more, Jimin defeatedly laid his forehead on my left shoulder.

"Mina, do you know how hard it is to not fall for you?"

Zillions of butterflies dispersed with liberation inside of my stomach, my heart skipped one of its rhythmic beats, and my already flushed cheeks burned up even greater—if even possible—all because of his one statement.

His gaze once again reuniting with mine, I cupped his cheek with great gentleness, subtly smirking before I asked, "Then what's stopping you?"

Blissfully grinning with the simper that I absolutely love, Jimin tugged me closer.

"Fuck it."

With that, he collided his lips with mine all over again, requiting my endearment with a tender kiss.

My insides were deluging with this immeasurable happiness, now knowing that our feelings were mutual all along.

Separating, we blushingly looked at one another with our foreheads touching.

"You're mine now." Jimin declared, making me his girlfriend in his very own, adorable way.

Giggling, I honestly stated, "Wow, I've never seen the selfish side of you."

Wrapping his arms around my small body, Jimin tightly embraced me.

"Yeah, I'm definitely not sharing you."