Judas Kiss

After art class ended, all my college-mates packed up their materials and began to disperse one by one out of the room and off to break, eventually resulting with solely me being left.

Ambling across the extensive, serene place to reinstate my wooden easel stand and paint palette back to the shelf, I suddenly sensed a slender figure lean against the doorframe by the entrance.

Identifying the person as none other than Hyori, my eyes rotated out of antipathy and repugnance by natural instinct. 

"Hi Mina." She greeted in her authentic, pesky voice, not the counterfeit one she uses around Jungkook.

"What do you want?"I tilted my head uninterestedly, placing a nonchalant hand on my hip.

"Woah what's with the attitude? I just stopped by to talk to you, you know, as a friend." Hyori gasped out of offense in an ostensible manner, detaching her left shoulder from the doorframe and inching closer to me.

"Since when were we friends? Because the last time I checked, you didn't have any of those." I scoffed, articulating nothing but an indisputable, palpable fact that everyone knows except her blind ass.

I could discern an enraged ambience emitting out from Hyori, but she attempted to maintain her composure and displayed the most forced, unaffected expression on her face.

"What's your problem with me? Is it because I made fun of how you don't have a mommy? Is it because you're jealous of my popularity since you're still down there with that loser named Yuri? Or..." Taking two deliberate steps nearer, she sneered down at me with belittlement.

"Is it because Jungkook's dating me and not you?" Hyori jeered, sympathizing me with her deriding pout all up in my face.

"Why would I have a problem with that? I'm actually really happy for you two." I lied casually, bouncing my shoulder once to demonstrate my indifference.

"I know you like him Mina. But sorry, he's my boyfriend." She emphasized his relationship status and annoyingly rubbed it in my face, acting like some immature, rapacious middle schooler.

Cringing out of sheer abhorrence, I ridiculed back with my arms folded, "Damn, Jungkook always had horrible eyesight but I didn't know it was that bad."

My comment induced an exasperated gasp out of Hyori, apparently provoking increasing anger inside of her as her pupils fiercely blazed up.

Taking a good examination of her caked-up appearance and deprecatingly scanning her from head to her toe, I sneered right back at her.

"He better get his eyes checked, because all I see is a hideous, cold-blooded bitch."

"Shut up shut up shut up!!!" Hyori shoved me aggressively with all her might without warning, causing my body to stagger backwards and hit one of the tremendous cement statues located on the shelf, resulting with the solid art work shattering all over the ground and producing an ear-splitting bang.

I fluttered my frightened eyes open once again, my pulse ceasing to palpitate for a split second once I noticed Jungkook standing by the door with a stunned expression due to the appalling scene he had just witnessed.

"What was that sound?!" One of our professors frantically came sprinting down the hallway, gazing into the art class in haste to see the incident.

"Oh my god, the sculpture!" He held his head out of extreme panic, observing the dispersed particles of cement scattered across the floor.

Furiously pointing at Hyori and I, the professor shouted, "Which one of you guys did it?! Jungkook, you saw everything right? Tell me who did it right now!"

Anxiously gulping with consternation visible in his eyes, Jungkook came up with the explicit excuse,"I-I just got here so I-I'm not sure.."

Fucking liar.

He saw his precious girlfriend push me with her own two hands.

He saw the sculpture break because of what Hyori did.

He saw everything.

"I-I didn't do anything! Mina did it I swear! P-Please believe me Jungkook!" Hyori beseeched hysterically, obviously terrified of her reputation depreciating because of this.

It's all her fault.

She's the one that did it.

She's definitely screwed.

"I believe Hyori."

... Huh?

It took me a moment to comprehend what Jungkook had just said, because it was just beyond unbelievable.

I was so damn hurt in a whole new level, my heart entirely dissevering apart from the unbearable brutality of this superior betrayal.

He defended her, and not me.

He cared for her, and not me.

He saved her, and not me.

"Mina, you're coming with me to the office." The outraged professor declared, and at a complete loss of words, all I could do was comply.

Obediently trudging to the exit of the classroom with my head hanging low, I halted in my footsteps right in front of Jungkook and took one last glance up at him, a crestfallen tear of disappointment cascading down my left cheek.

"How could you Jungkook... How could you..." was all I could say to him, and he didn't dare to look at me in the eyes.

With that, I left the heartless deceiver behind, together with our broken, perished friendship.