Shattered

~ Jungkook's POV ~

I meekly awaited Jimin to come home at the kitchen table, my hands intertwined in front of me as trillions of invasive, undesired thoughts about Mina bombarded my mind. 

I hope my jacket was enough to keep her warm.

I hope she got home safely.

I hope she didn't fall down the damn stairs again.

"Fuck.." I cursed under my breath and ran my fingers through my hair out of vexation, finding myself inadvertently thinking of her when I shouldn't be.

I'm not supposed to be pondering over her.

I'm not supposed to be missing her.

I'm not supposed to be in love with her.

"Please... Please just get out of my head Mina..." I gravely begged, clenching onto my bangs as I bit my lower lip grievously.

Right at that moment, I heard the audible click of the door unlock, the distinguishable steps of my older brother's trudging through the hallway and in the direction of the kitchen.

Startling a bit as he identified me sitting there, Jimin offhandedly greeted me,"Oh, hey."

"What's up with the anxious look on your face? Is everything alright?" He questioned while examining my expression with concern, setting down his handbag beside the wall.

How the hell does he manage to find even the slightest of kindness in him to worry about me, even after all the mere evasion, neglect, and resentment I've given him this past week?

Maybe that's why Mina fell for him.

Because Jimin has the looks, the generosity, and the clemency, while I don't have any of that.

I know I'm never going to be on the same level as him.

I know I'm never going to be as good as him.

I know I'm never going to be enough for Mina.

But fuck, I want her so bad.

"Jimin." I uttered as our gaze coincided, Jimin's eyes brimming with eagerness to listen while mine were igniting with determination.

Clenching my fists firmly, I opened my mouth and finally lifted a humongous load off of my chest.

"I'm sorry, but I'm in love with Mina too."

Standing up on my feet, I inched closer to my brother's side and shoved my hands into the pockets of my joggers.

"And I'm going to win her over somehow."

Jimin's complexion grew red as his blood rose out of infuriation, gritting his teeth and revealing a menacing, spine-chilling expression I've never seen him show in my entire life.

"Jungkook, I'm sorry but," He paused, confidence and audacity blazing in his dark pupils.

"What's mine is mine."

"Well," I halted for a second, shooting cold daggers at him with no intentions of losing. 

"I'm going to make her mine whether you like it or not."

~ Mina's POV ~

Planning to return the gray sweater Jungkook lended me today, I finally came upon his entrance after a stroll in the shivery weather.

I was just about to knock on the door, until suddenly, I detected a discernible thud produced when something weighty collapses come from the inside of the house.

"Jungkook?! Jimin?!" I shouted worriedly and forcefully banged the surface of the door a multiple times, only receiving nothing but silence.

Unbearable consternation and angst took over me, because I found myself frantically barging into the house to see what happened.

My heart dropped vigorously, witnessing Jungkook on the ground in pain and Jimin mercilessly glaring down at him with nothing but enmity and vermillion blood dripping from his right fist.

I froze up with horror, seeing a terrifying, inconceivable side of the Jimin I know and love.

Without noticing me, Jimin departed and bolted up the stairs, an emphatic slam of outrage echoing throughout their prodigous house as he hurled his door shut.

Spotting Jungkook struggling to get back on his feet, I hurriedly scurried over to his side and assisted him in getting up.

My chest clenched at the sight of the wounded, bloody corner of his lip and his slightly bruised cheek which was now a bit swollen.

Jungkook was trembling with dread, but he didn't dare to look me in the eyes, his shamefully lowered gaze manifesting remorse and cowardice.

Maintaining my composure, I calmly asked him, "Tell me, what did you say to Jimin?"

Grudgingly biting his lip, Jungkook refused to speak.

Sighing at his obstinacy, I gently placed a palm on his uninjured cheek and obliged him to face me.

"Jimin really cherishes you as a younger brother, and I know he wouldn't hurt you like that without a reason." I pleaded for a rationalization.

Although still hesitant, Jungkook unsealed his quivering mouth.

"I-I told him that I would steal you away from him.."

Sheer disappointment and discontent inundated my feelings in an instant, putting me at an absolute loss of words.

"J-Jungkook.."

But unexpectedly, Jungkook hauled me into his arms and buried my face in his chest, completely stunning me with a vehement hug he has never given me.

"Please Mina... Please just be mine..." He beseeched desperately, and from the shuddering of his voice, I knew he was crying.

Definitely not surrendering out of sympathy and strongly standing my ground instead, I lightly pushed him away with both my palms on his chest.

"Jungkook, I appreciate and admire you as a great friend, I really do. But you have no right to manipulate, exchange, or claim me as yours like some sort of toy." I looked directly into his watery, heartbroken eyes, steadfastly enuncidating my sentiments even though seeing him like this was literally killing me inside.

"I have feelings too, and it just happens to belong to Jimin, not you."

Hearing my honest point of view, Jungkook shifted his gaze downward woefully, a last droplet of his tear descending from the tip of his chin and onto the marble flooring.

Inhaling a deep breath, Jungkook raised his head once again, but this time exhibiting a transparently broken smile hoping to reassure me that he was fine, painfully shattering me inside in actuality.

"Just forget everything I said. Don't worry, I wont do anything to you or Jimin anymore." He ensured.

"I'll stop trying, I promise."

Making his last remark, Jungkook left and vanished to his room.

I stood all alone in a comfortless kitchen, the tears I tried so hard to suppress now flowing out like an unrestrainable waterfall.

Three perplexed, blameless, and chaotic hearts weren't the only things that broke tonight.

My treasured friendship with Jungkook did too.