"Never"

After that night, Jungkook regressed again to his reticent, aphonic self, shunning my entire existence as if I was invisible to him.

It felt like a significant part of my heart was ruthlessly lacerated, being given the cold shoulder by someone who I regarded as an irreplaceable companion.

While I was despondently zoning out at my seat in class, my professor called me over out of the blue.

"Mina!" He beckoned me to come to him, and upon reaching his desk, he handed me a gigantic stack of piled up paperworks and requested, "Can you do me a huge favor and deliver this to the office?"

"S-Sure.." I agreed reluctantly, having nothing more productive to do anyways.

"Have uhm..." He trailed off as he scanned the classroom with his head rotating in a semi-circle, spotting a lonesome student and pointing out, "Jungkook help you."

My body immediately tensed up at the sound of his name, sort of curious if he would actually accept bearing in mind that we definitely aren't in good terms at the moment.

Jungkook, looking up from his composition notebook, rejected politely, "Sorry professor, but I really have to study for an upcoming test."

... Ouch.

Not only did his sociability around me evanesce, but his unconditional care for me did as well.

I guess we're strangers now.

"Alright, then take..." My professor glanced over at Taehyung, who was drooling with his sleeping face pressed against the wooden surface of his desk.

"Taehyung." He pointed directly at him, causing Taehyung to jerk up languidly with his eyelids barely open.

"Stop sleeping and help Mina carry this to the office." Professor scolded him as he motioned him to get up, Taehyung obediently but grouchily lumbering over to me and removing most of the stack, leaving me with merely 1/3 of the papers.

"Let's go." He yawned, leading the way out of the classroom.

A few seconds into our tedious, tiresome journey to the front office, I let out a small chuckle at Taehyung's half asleep appearance.

"Bet you're bored in class because Yuri's not here today." I commented, remembering my best friend was absent this morning.

His expression brightened in an instant at the mentioning of his girlfriend's name, an unmanageable smile bursting with affection slowly creeping onto his face.

"Nah, I stayed up all night talking to her on the phone because she's sick and needed some comfort."

Overwhelmed with admiration mixed with jealousy of their idealistic relationship, I pouted, "Geez, you guys are literally the cutest."

Attempting to cover up his blushing state, Taehyung questioned in return, "How about you Mina? Find anyone you like?"

With Jimin's grinning face envisioned in my mind, I nodded in bashfulness.

"I have a boyfriend."

Overreacting with an exuberant squeal similar to that of his girlfriend's, Taehyung asked, "What's his name?"

"Jimin." I answered, unexpectedly getting a gasp of shock combined with trepidation.

"Isn't he... Jungkookie's older brother?"

Crap, I totally forgot that Taehyung and Jungkook are like, the best of friends.

"Y-Yeah haha." I awkwardly laughed it off, hoping he wouldn't go too into detail.

"What do you like about him?" He questioned as if he was interviewing me, making me prepare my internal list of the ceaseless reasons why I love the hell out of that guy.

Oh, where do I even start.

"Jimin's charms really just, ugh. His gentleman qualities just makes your heart go, bam. And his smile? Oh my god. He's just so... damn." I articulated to the best of my abilities, which only resulted in a bunch of nonsense words and unfinished sentences.

Seeing Taehyung's utterly befuddled expression from not comprehending a single part of my explanation, I couldn't help but giggle.

"I can't explain it in words, but he's just, really, really, really amazing."

Taehyung appeared to be indecisive in telling me something, but he falteringly opened his mouth.

"Y-You do know that... Jungkook..."

Automatically taking the hint, I drifted my eyes away from his, "Y-Yeah, he told me."

After a moment of dead silence, Taehyung spoke up again out of tentativeness and lack of confidence. 

"I know you have a boyfriend and all, but..." He trailed off with meager hope apparent in his tone, my gaze uniting with his once more.

"Do you think you'll ever like Jungkook back?"

With no need for deliberate contemplation, I answered.

"No."

"Now don't get me wrong, I really do love him as a person. It's not because I hate Jungkook's personality or any of his other characteristics." I quickly assured, shaking my palms at him.

"But it's just, I don't see him like that." I shrugged my shoulders out of truthfulness and integrity.

"And I never will."

Releasing a sigh of discouragement, Taehyung's footsteps came to a halt as we finally arrived in front of the office.

"Sorry, that was a stupid question. Just forget about it." He displayed something that was barely a smile, turning the silver doorknob and going into the room.

"Okay?" I followed after him, a bit bewildered by his sudden, distressed change in mood.