One

Assistant Needed!

A whole crowd of men and woman looked at that huge paper on the window of a shop. People were murmuring with excitement, pulling out their phones to make an reservation.

A small and sweet girl with ruffled up ocean blue hair and hazel eyes looked over, wondering what all of the fuss was about. Her pale skin was buttery and soft, just like her voice. She was 4'10.

"Did you hear?" The town alcoholic, Cana slurred with a bottle of Whiskey in hand. Her brown hair was silky, her cold brown eyes filled with drinking. She was way taller than her friend, 5'9. "Gajeel Redfox is looking for an assistant. You should apply, Levy. You'll do great!"

The Gajeel Redfox!? Levy gasped, going over. But could she really land that job? There were tons of other people looking for that, especially to work for Redfox Industries!

"Well? Go on!" Cana shoved Levy into the crowd, knocking her into someone. They yelled and fussed at her, telling her she had no class.

"Gomen!" Levy squeaked, going to look. Her mouth dropped. A million a YEAR!?

She looked at the number, taking mental note. She walked to the payphone, putting in 25 cents. "I really need to pay that phone bill,"

"This is Redfox Industries! What can he help you with?" A receptionist asked.

Levy put on an act of confidence. "I would like to apply for the assistant job?"

They went through a whole conference, Levy's scheduled interview was on Saturday, along with everyone else.

"You're very lucky, Miss Levy. You got the last available spot."

Levy gasped, saying thank you, and running off. She needed to come up with a good thing to say and such!

Pretty much how the interview would work I she'd be staying at Redfox Manor for three days, on the last she'd have a one-on-one interview with Mr. Redfox!

She walked through the quiet town, going to the library.

She greeted the librarian, Jet with a smile. He has orange hair into a ponytail, and was fairly tall, 5'9. "Hey Levy! Back for more?"

Levy grinned, nodding. She looked around the extravagant library, it was two floors with two sets of stairs that curled, there was a small cafe on the second floor and the entire place was simply lit to perfection. Jet smiled, putting his hand out.

Levy handed him the 6 books she'd checked out last week, and a little peppermint.

"Levy, we just got a shipment of new books in! Why don't you give it a look?" Droy, another employee at the library smiled. He worked in the cafe, but sometimes brought in shipments. He was overweight, tanned skin with some crumbs on it. His black hair was oddly shaped, like a fish tail?

Levy beamed, thanking him. "Lead me to it, please!"

Droy chuckled, leading Levy into the back storage room. "Why don't you come work here? We'll pay you extra."

"I couldn't possibly work in an amazing place like this!" Levy exclaimed, looking around. "I'd slack off reading almost all the time!"

"You're so cute." Droy smiled softly, pinching Levy's cheeks.

Levy giggled, going to look at the new stock. She hummed in excitement, picking up a few books on the shelf.

"Aah, this is going to be so fun!" She checked out 7 books this time.

"Have fun with your books, Levy!" Jet and Droy waved. Levy waved at them back, putting it into her bag. She quickly ran down the street, she really needed to get that job! She could do so much with that money like...

Helping the library not close down!

It was going to soon, they were running out of funds and such... providing library cards with no fee really took a toll on the income. Having to pay so many people and such.. but Levy loved that place and would hate to see it close.

She walked to her small but cozy home, opening the gate with a struggle. She walked on the steps and through the grass, unlocking the door. She was met with the sweet smell of wood and paper, sighing softly.

She closed the door, taking off her shoes and putting on slippers. She went into the small kitchen, making herself some instant ramen and poured a glass of water.

"So let's think, what am I to say at this interview?" Levy hummed as she sat. "Let's think of some questions...?"

After an hour, the ramen got cold and Levy was still sitting there puzzled. She groaned loudly, slamming her head on the table a little too hard. It begun to have a light bruise, Levy sighing.

She decided to make a salad with cold flavored ramen noodles and ate that instead. "This is ridiculous!"

She sat in her bed, opening a book. It made her forget all of her worries, rolling in the bed.

She soon drifted off...