Sixteen

Sick day..!

Gajeel groaned, rolling over in the bed. What time was it? 12:43 pm. He'd overslept! He quickly stood up, not before emptying the contents of his stomach all over the floor, and then rushed to get dressed. He called one of the maids to clean the mess up.

He coughed, walking down the stairs making sure to hold onto the rails.

"Oh, sir!" Levy had her binder in hand, she was preppy and cute as usual. She stopped as soon as she saw the sight of Gajeel. He was a little more pale and looked like trash. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm... achoo! Fine." Gajeel grumbled.

Levy frowned. "You've missed three calls. Maybe you should take a break today... you've been overworking yourself."

"I'm fine! Give me the phone," Gajeel held his hand out.

"No." Levy crossed her arms. He couldn't work sick! "You are taking a break today. You're sick, Gajeel!"

"I'll get it myself." Gajeel walked over. He tripped, hitting the floor. Levy was over in a second.

"You can't work in this condition! Please, take a break." Levy helped him up.

"I've taken enough breaks." Gajeel sighed, feeling the need to throw up again.

"Come lay down." Levy lay Gajeel on the couch. She untied his shoes and took them off for him. She disappeared into the kitchen, returning with a thermometer. "Open."

Gajeel did as he was told.

Levy's eyes widened and she covered her mouth. "Oh Gajeel! You're burning up!" He had a fever. Levy ran into the kitchen again and came back with an ice pack. She put it on his forehead, brushing his hair back.

She walked upstairs, coming back with some blankets and pillows, vapor rub, tissues and medicine. Levy gently lifted Gajeel's head and put the pillow. Then she tucked him in, patting his head. "So um... I need to touch your chest."

She rubbed some on his nose. It was so firm and cool... the piercings were cold.

"Do whatever you need, shrimp." Gajeel took off his blazer, unbuttoning the first five buttons. Levy blushed, putting the cream on her finger. She put the vapor rub on his chest, face redder than Erza's hair. It was so toned and amazing..!

She covered him back up and ruffled his hair. Levy scooted the table closer to him, putting down the tissue.

"Okay, I know this is going to suck, but..." Levy also put down a bucket and got the medicine. "Open your mouth."

"No." Gajeel didn't want to take medicines! They were nasty. "I don't wanna take medicine!"

"It's good for you!" Levy said, pouting it on a spoon.

"It's yucky though!" Gajeel barked. Levy held back her laughter. Did a grown man, as big, tall and powerful as Gajeel just use the word yucky? Levy took that opportunity to force it down his throat.

Gajeel threw that up into the bucket. Levy frowned. "Okay... why don't you take a nap? I'll go make you some soup. I forgot you can't take medicine on an empty stomach."

Gajeel refused, only to fall asleep seconds later. Levy smiled, walking into the kitchen and pouring out the throw up. She made him some chicken noodle soup.

"So uh Levy," Erza walked into the kitchen slowly, looking around to make sure nobody was there. "I need help."

"What is it? Would you like some soup?" Levy asked, not looking away from the pot.