Thirty

Midnight Promise

*Before this chapter starts, I'd like to leave a quick shoutout to my friend, Sugar_And_Spice125 ! She is one of my most dedicated readers and her comments make my day. She has some books on her page, and I think you should check them out! My favorites are "Skyfall" and "Good at Being Bad"! I'm sure she'd appreciate it if you gave them a shot? Okay, let's start the chapter!*

The entire day was hectic. Meeting after meeting, tons of work... it didn't help that Levy hadn't been sleeping well. This was so dumb, why couldn't she just get over it?

"Ugh." Levy groaned as she sat in the office, typing out some reports. Gajeel walked over, ruffling her hair.

"Don't worry, the day's almost over." Gajeel have her a small smile. "Wanna go grab some lunch?"

"Mmm." Levy made a small noise, not moving.

"When was the last time you ate? Breakfast?" It was now five pm. "Come and eat, Shrimp."

"I don't feel like it." Levy sighed. "Please just let me work."

"Levy."

"Gajeel." Levy raises an eyebrow, their eyes meeting. They stared into one another's eyes, trying to get the other to back down.

"Please? Just something small, like a bag of chips?" Gajeel groaned. He'd noticed how Levy started to eat less and less and start to work way more than she used to. "I've been really worried about you."

"Fine." Levy sighed, closing her laptop. "Let's go and come back quickly."

"Ugh, you're starting to turn into an actual business woman." Gajeel crosses his arms. "Hmm... I have an idea!"

"What is it?" Levy and Gajeel walked out of the huge office building, deciding on going to a small cafe nearby.

"Let's skip work today and go on a date!" Gajeel grinned.

"Um... okay, sure." Levy looked back at the building, releasing a small sigh. She gave Gajeel a small smile as he pulled her away.

"Let's go here for lunch!" Gajeel continued to lead her away. Levy loved to see him all happy and giddy, the way he smiled down on her was worth everything.

They sat down, people around them murmuring and taking pictures. Levy took off her purse, hanging it on the chair.

The two of them looked over the menu together. "I haven't had a crepe in a while. Should I get that?"

"Sure thing, Shrimp. I'll go and order the stuff now," Gajeel got up and left to go order at the counter.

Levy hummed a soft song, taking out a book from her purse. She opened it, trying to read, but she couldn't focus. The words were blurred and swimming around the page. She sighed for the millionth time today and put it away. She watched Gajeel as he ordered the food, he got a chocolate cake. Her eyes wandered to the window, the sky was blue with big, fluffy clouds scattered around.

"I'm back," Gajeel smiled, sitting down. "You wanted a tea, right? I didn't know what kind so I got you this hibiscus thing."

"Oh, okay." Levy said, not really focused on a thing Gajeel was saying. She should've brought her laptop..

"How are you doing today?" Gajeel said softly as their drinks were brought by a waitress.

"Fine," Levy shrugged.