Six

Day 0.5?

After about two hours, Gajeel walked downstairs with a smug look on his face. "The results will be announced at dinner, thank you. The 99 who do not make it will be sent home after,"

"After what?" Veronica asked.

"After you eat dinner, Veronica." Gajeel rolled his eyes. "Get out, you broke a rule. So now that only leaves 99 of you. The other 98 will go home."

Everyone nodded silently.

"I am giving you this time to pack up all of your things. If anything is stolen, that will be a felony considering everything in this house is worth over $2,000." Everyone gaped at Gajeel in shock. "I will call the police and they will hunt you down so that I can get my, lets say pillow back. Then you'll be in jail."

"Please don't steal anything, as he said. If you steal, I'll tell my dad. He's a realtor, you know. He'll get you evicted from your house so then you can't go home when you get out of jail." Wendy grinned darkly. "That would suck, wouldn't it?"

Everyone went to go pack up, making sure not to take anything. People chatted, exchanging numbers and such. When dinner time came, everyone sat in tense silence.

"*ahem*" Gajeel cleared his throat. "I will be announcing who will become the new assistant now."

Everyone looked around, Levy putting her hands into tight fists. She sighed, releasing them, if she lost, she would just go home with a smile on her face as if nothing happened. The thought saddened her. She was on top of her game, so why wouldn't she get the job?

"Congratulations to—"

"Sir, my mother is calling you— oh, sorry. I'll tell her you're busy at the moment. Continue," Wendy perched in, eyes widening and then leaving.

"As I was saying before I got so rudely interrupted," Gajeel glared at Wendy. "Congratulations to..."

There was a crash upstairs. Gajeel cursed loudly, face palming. "Ohmyfuckinggod. Go see what that was, Wendy. Go bring the shotgun with you."

Wendy ran upstairs, coming back down with a cat that had black fur. He had a scar over his left eye, his orange eyes filled with what seemed like boredom. He had a collar on that read "Pantherlily". He meowed loudly, Wendy placing him down and letting him run to Gajeel and meow impatiently.

"He was upstairs having a tantrum." Wendy laughed. Gajeel cooed, picking up his cat. Nobody had ever seen this side of him.

"Are you mad cause I left ya upstairs alone? Don't be angwy anymore, daddy's got ya. Let me just announce some things and then we can play all you want." Gajeel said sweetly, stroking the cat. Her placed it atop his head and let it sit in his hair, chuckling as the cat pawed the unruliness. He looked shocked as everyone stared at him and fixed himself. "Once again, congratulations to the person who got the job. That person is..."

"Nya!" Pantherlily meowed.

Gajeel grinned, pausing to pet his cat.

"Oh my god! Just get to the results already!" Someone exclaimed.

"Oh, you can leave. It wasn't you anyways." Gajeel shrugged.

"My new assistant is—"

"Mom says it's urgent," Wendy butt in yet again. Gajeel groaned, taking the phone.

"Yes? Mhmm. What? What? WHAT? No! Now!? I'll cancel my flight tomorrow and be down there tomorrow, k? Yes. No. No. No, I'm good. Okay! I swear to god. Okay. Mhmm. Bye now, have fun," Gajeel talked on the phone.