Twenty Seven

White Walls and Twisted Halls

"Levy!" Lucy rushes into the hospital room, seeing Gajeel who looked like he hadn't slept in days, Erza who was holding a deck of Uno cards and glaring at Jellal, and Jellal who smirked.

"Two more cards left," He snickered. "Hey Lucy. She's not up yet,"

They were in a hospital room. White walls, bedsheets, white everything...

Gajeel's eyes were glued onto Levy as he held her hand.

"I came as soon as I heard," Lucy rested a hand on Gajeel's back.

"We brought all the collectors edition Fairy Tail copies!" Natsu had a big box in hand. "Lucy even left some original copies and drafts,"

"Juvia's here too," Gajeel's voice was low and emotionless. He sounded completely drained. "She's just in the bathroom changing Lyon and Gray went to the vending machine."

"Oh," Natsu punched Gajeel playfully. "Lighten up, man! Levy's a tough one, she'll be fine!"

"What happened, anyway?" Lucy asked. "I kinda hung up without letting Juvia explain."

"She had an anxiety attack," Erza answered for Gajeel, whom rested his head in his hands sadly.

"It's my fault. I shouldn't have pushed so hard," Gajeel grumbled.

"It's partially Mrs. Redfox's fault too, she just suddenly called Levy's dad." Jellal noted. "He was threatening her."

"Must be hard," Lucy frowned. "I hope she wakes up soon."

"Juvia does too," Juvia nodded, holding Lyon.

"Hey, got the chips." Gray held up multiple varieties. "Sup Lucy. Oh, you're here too, Natsu."

"Hey! Why'd your voice drop like that!?" Natsu stood up abruptly. "You wanna go, stripper!?"

"Stripper! Where did that come from!" Gray exclaimed.

"Cause strippers are gay!" (No offense to any strippers out there, Natsu's just an idiot.) Natsu smirked.

"Gay my ass! Let's go!" The two started to fight, Lucy and Juvia sighing loudly.

"Boys!" Erza glared.

"Aish! Sorry..." Natsu and Gray jumped away from eachother.

"Jeez Gajeel," Natsu shivered. "Erza is scary." But Gajeel didn't respond. Not even a single sound came out of his mouth.

"Want some?" Gray frowned, holding out a bag of barbecue chips. "I know these are your favorite,"

"No." Gajeel shook his head. "I'm not hungry."

"But Sir!" Jellal looked away from his game of Uno, this was really worrying him. "You haven't eaten in two days!"

"You think I give a fuck!?" Gajeel snarled. "I said I'm not hungry! This is my fault, so I'm not gonna do anything until Levy wakes up! It's all my fault..." Gajeel sniffled, starting to cry.

"Oh shit." Erza muttered. "I've never seen the big guy cry before."

"Don't cry, Gajeel," Juvia whispered, brushing her hands through her brothers hair. "It's okay."

"No! Nothing is okay!" Gajeel yelled. "She's been having nightmares because of me—"

"You don't know that," Jellal piped in, trying to convince Gajeel it's not his fault.

"OF COURSE I DO! She won't even look at me!" He cried. "Why am I like this!"

Levy's eyebrows furrowed, there was a really annoying beeping sound. Her eyes fluttered open, she shut them again because it was too bright. She smacked her lips, parched. Levy glanced at the bedside table, tons of beautiful flowers and a glass of water sat there.