Twenty Three

"Family" dinner and warm rain. (Part One)

Gajeel was grumbling angrily as he typed on his computer. His entire mood was off for the entire day and he hadn't left the computer for anything. His fingers moved at lightning speed, pressing the keys.

Erza and Jellal waited at the entrance for Dolores, chatting with one another. The weather was nice, plus they could have alone time!

Erza laughed as they continued to chat, a long limousine pulling up. The two of them froze and faced forward, faces stone cold.

Erza walked to the car, the window unrolling. "State your name and the reason you are here."

A window in the back rolled down. Cold purple eyes met with brown ones.

"Dolores Redfox," Dolores scowled. "I'm here to see my son. Don't you know who I am? How dare you ask me such a thing!"

"It is part of my duties to ask everyone who attempts to enter—"

"Duties or not, I'm his mother!" Dolores yelled. Erza sighed.

"I'm going to go and tell Mr. Redfox that you've arrived." Jellal bowed, speed walking away. "S-Sir! She's here."

Levy's heart stopped as she looked at what she was wearing. Was this too casual?! It was an orange dress that went right above the knee, with white knee high socks and orange flats. She had on an orange headband with a pretty white flower. Did she look ugly? Should she put on makeup? Should she—

She scrambled to her feet as she realized. She's Gajeel's assistant. She had to rush to grab her binder and all of her working supplies, and hurried to stand beside Gajeel at his desk.

Gajeel didn't even bother to look up.

"Gajeel, is there anything you need help with?" Levy asked, business mode on. "Ah, right! The report on the partnership hasn't been filed properly! How do you work like this? I'm so behind on paperwork... aagh! How did I not notice this before?!"

Gajeel glanced over at Levy as she started to work. "Don't overwork yourself, Shrimp. I just decided to let you live a little instead of working all day,"

Levy smiled dismissively as a response, silence filling the room.

"Gajeel," Dolores faked a sweet, kind voice. "I'm here! Won't you come and greet your mother?"

"I'm working," Gajeel grumbled.

"Come here. Now," The act was dropped.

Gajeel sighed loudly, Levy bound to his side, binder hugged to her chest. Her reading glasses were propped up on her face, she took them off and put them in the case.

To say that Dolores was intimidating was an understatement. Her eyes practically bore into Levy's soul, but she did look exactly like Gajeel in a way. Levy gulped, bowing.

"It's an honor to be in your presence—"

"Oh hush." Dolores scowled. "And what are you wearing? What are you, a kid? With that body, you sure do look like one. Or would it be better to call you a creamsicle?!"

Levy's eyebrows furrowed as she watched Dolores strut to Gajeel. That was so uncalled for! Why was that necessary?! Gajeel's personality was starting to rub off on Levy's, so she muttered under her breath. She had been studying Portuguese lately. "... cadela." (... bitch.)

Gajeel held back a laugh, he knew that Levy had just said something in a different language. He knew that whenever his mom left, Levy would he fuming and pacing around ranting in different languages. That made him smile, his Shrimp was so smart.