Thirty One

A Not-So New Friend!

It's been a couple weeks since that night. Levy's been spending most of the time relaxing, and she'll admit that opening up about her problems really was a wonderful idea. She was sitting on the couch with Gajeel, Erza, Jellal and Pantherlily, playing video games.

Erza and Jellal had been saving up for this super cool console, a Play Station 4! Right now, Jellal was playing a game called Persona 5. It was really fun!

"Man, what an asshole." Erza shook her head as they all watched. Jellal was battling Kamoshida.

Gajeel's phone rang, averting everyone's attention and waking Lily from his catnap. Gajeel stood up. "Hey, uh, I'll be right back. I'll pop some popcorn and more snacks on the way back."

"We got his location," The person from before hummed. "He's hangin out in my basement if you wanna maybe... stop by?"

"Oh, really?" Gajeel looked into the living room. "Where was he?"

"We caught him in Colorado." They snickered. "He was in an Uber, going to some bar."

"Ah." Gajeel scowled. "I'll come sometime this week?"

"Whatever, but I'm only holding this dude for like two weeks. He gets on my damn nerves, that's for sure." They sighed heavily.

"Thanks again." Gajeel started making the popcorn. "I don't know how to thank you enough."

"Oh, hush. You just thanked me. Go back to what you were doing. I have work to do." The line went dead.

As soon as the popcorn finished, Gajeel got another call.

"Who is this? Where did you get this number—"

"Gajeel? It's me!" There was a light and sweet voice on the other line. Gajeel's heart sank, eyes widening.

"A...Amelia!?" Gajeel choked on his spit. No! Not now, why now!? "Um... hi?"

"You silly goose! Don't play shy," Amelia giggled. "I plan on coming down to Russia very soon! Let's have a sleepover again, just like old times!"

"No." Gajeel stayed simply. "Sorry."

"Awww, why? It's been forever since we've talked!" She whined.

"I know that. That's why I'm not letting you into my house. I'm not marrying you, I'm happy with my shrimp." Is what Gajeel wanted to say. Instead, he said softly, "I'm busy. I've had lots of work lately."

"Oh," She sounded disappointed. "Well that's okay! I'll stay in a hotel?"

No. Don't come at all. Please. Gajeel sighed to himself. "Yeah, Whatever."

"How does tomorrow sound? I've bought my tickets already!" Amelia grinned.

That's when Gajeel was planning to fly to America... He inwardly cursed. He so badly wanted to tell her to leave him be and hang up in her face but he couldn't treat her that way. She was his only friend growing up...

"Gajeel?" Amelia frowned. "You're spacing out again!"

"Oh. Sorry." He said flatly. "Look, I'm really busy with all this work I have to do. I'm gonna go ahead and get back to it."

"Oh..." She said, a twinge of sadness in her voice. "I guess I shouldn't disturb you. Bye, Gajeel."

Gajeel hung up, dialing his mothers phone number. "Mom."

"What?! I'm busy!" Dolores clicked her teeth.

"What the fuck did you do!?" Gajeel snarled. "Why is Amelia calling me talking about coming over?! I thought we were past this!"