self sacrifice - that's not it chief.

the self sacrificing main character.

the character that will do anything to save her friends and family, even if it means dying.

the selfless martyr.

aka the unrealistic ass character that refuses to put themselves first. 

honestly, how many of us are gonna die to save 1 fucking person? not me. why? because i fucking matter to. why would i sacrifice myself, when i know damn well the person i'm trying to save won't do the same for me?

can i have a selfish character? like save yourself for-fucking-once? it's not hard. i want a character that realizes that they are worth it. that they're worth putting themselves first sometimes.

i ain't scott mccall, i don't want to save everyone all the time. i don't trust everyone, and i damn sure don't want to give some asshole who i haven't seen in years the benefit of the doubt - i'm looking at you theo. im like stiles, i'm not trusting anyone after the shit that's happened.

c'mon, it's okay and acceptable to be selfish. you can be selfish when it comes to your life - you have the right to make CHOICES in your LIFE, even if it pisses people off around you.

why can't i read a story where the character is just willing to do whatever it takes to live? to do whatever they have to to get to where they want to be in life?