Road Trip

We drive past the 73 mile marker, me still behind the wheel. We've been bonding ever since we drove out of the city, taking turns asking each other questions. But this time, when it's his turn, his question is seriously out of place and it startles me.

"Are you attracted to me?"

My hands jerk the wheel, but then I steady our car on the road as we hit the super open rural-ish area. "Uh,"

He smirks and turns his head away in a shaking motion, laughing to himself. "Well," I start, deciding to take risks, since this whole trip already is one. "That really depends on how you answer MY next question: me or Nya?"

He swallows and looks straight ahead, becoming serious. "Well, I guess that since I'm on a road trip to Anywhere with you and you only; my choice would have to be you."

"Have to be. . ." I say, turning my head towards him. He looks at me and knows I want him to elaborate.

"In some cultures," he starts, looking away from me again. I do the same, watching the road. "The woman chooses her husband." He whips his face back to me. He starts leaning towards me, across the gearshift control area. I turn my head and look over his face with my eyes.

My body, not necessarily me, leans towards him and our lips touch. But it doesn't end there; he crushes his mouth against mine, and instead of recoiling like last time, I return his actions. It becomes uncontrollable in terms of safely driving, so I pull us over to the side of the road and we continue to make out.

Soon, I'm afraid he might turn like some guys I've read about who have "busy hands"-mind the air quotes-, so I break our kiss apart slowly and return to my seat. We sit for a few minutes in silence, his eyes studying me. "Would you like me to drive?" He asks, watching me carefully. I nod and we trade places. I mean-- we get out of the car and changes seats the traditional way.

He starts the engine when I'm situated and carefully returns the car to the road. After an hour or moreso, I decide it's time to take a rest. "Why don't we camp here for the night?" I say as our speed limit decreases. It's a real surprise that they have those signs out so far. I'm not completely sure how long we've been driving. Cole nods and pulls off the road into a field. Some forest meets it several yards away. We unpack a few things like sleeping bags and fire starting materials, then we set up camp.

I end up being the one to venture into the woods for campfire supplies while he puts some finishing touches on our area. After I've gathered the necessities, I return to the campsite, and in ten minutes or so, I've got a nice fire going. But soon, the deep night arises, a pitch black blanket covering the sky, some points twinkling with stars, and the fire barely provides much heat.

Cole hops over towards me in his sleeping bag, "This is going to sound weird, but I don't care: I think we should huddle closely or share a sleeping bag to preserve body heat." I look at him, a bit of a skeptical look across my face. The fire crackles & flickers, its light dancing across my face.

Finally, I say, "Alright," and I scoot over in my sleeping bag to make room for him.

"Ooh," he says, exiting his with an excited look drawn on him. "I thought you'd be joining me in mine, but now I get to spend the night with you in YOUR sleeping bag!"

I roll my eyes as we get settled into place. I've got a small body, so we end up having some space to move around. It's hard, but soon I fall asleep, accidentally curled around him.