By Choice

I look down towards him and through the slits of his eyes, I see him return my gaze. "I love you," I say to him. Then I raise the knife in my right hand above me and

---------------------

bring it down, plunging it into Nya's chest. She howls for a second, then goes silent as her body drops to the ground, the knife still protruding from her body. My hands are somewhat shaky and I almost feel sick as I look down at her pale body. There's a small glow under her skin around the area where the knife sticks. The Life Stone.

My body tingles and my heart pace quickens as I turn back to Cole, his body turning even paler than before. I hear thumps behind me and turn my head to see the other Ninja and the family fallen on the ground. Tears leak from the corners of my eyes as I turn back to Cole and kneel by his body.

I take him in my arms and sing to the best of my ability while my voice becomes hoarse.

My love, gleam and glow,

Let your power shine,

Make the clock reverse

Bring back what once was mine. . .

What once was mine. . .

I kiss his soft cheek and sob into his chest. I kiss him again, this time on the lips. They're cold. I sit up from his body and curl into myself, my head in my hands as I sob for Cole. I remember his musceles, his smile, the way he somewhat comforted me.

I chose to kill Nya. . . and everyone else. . . Just because I wanted Cole. I thought I could save him. I was so dumb! Of course I couldn't! I can't believe I did that. Now I'm really going to be wanted by the officials. That doesn't matter though, I just indirectly killed the love of my life. . . If that's really what he was.

Suddenly, something wraps around my waist from behind. I think it's just the memories of Cole. Something rests on my shoulder. Still, it feels like those memories I had of Cole. Something cold drips on my shoulder. I sniff, and look up onto the horizon where light from behind me draws shadows of me, and some other lumps near me. . .

--------------

Whoever cites the quote can have a free dedicated one shot in my upcoming story. :) and yes, I know I edited it, but go by the other lines.