How's This a Surprise?

I wake up, hours later I assume, in the bed that Cole and I have been sharing. But something's different. Something's holding me down. I raise my head and see straps over my arms, abdomen and legs. I guess I could kinda understand why.

I struggle with the restraints for ten minutes before realizing, that in situations like these, struggling the enemy. I once overheard Jay and Cole talking about Constrictai and how to elude them. You have to think loose. I relax my body and the straps go slack; slowly and carefully, I slip my arms out, then pull the rest of my body through. Once I'm out, I grab a bag and pack my things. I'm leaving. WITHOUT THEM; this time, I don't think they'll follow. They probably want nothing to do with me. I'm surprised they didn't drop me off in the middle of nowhere or the MPA. I guess they care enough about me to not turn me in to them.

Once everything's packed, I slip out the window, drop from two stories up, and tumble on the ground, compensating for the impact. I run away from the neighborhood, grab my car, and drive.

I don't stop driving until I've passed the place where I originally killed Nya and all them. I park the car in the woods and just sit in the clearing off away from where Cole and I were.

I've got to live alone. I can't hurt anyone anymore. I just can't take it anymore either. I need to be alone or everyone will suffer. I probably never should've been born. I could've died that night along with my family. That's how it should've been.

**Narration of Writer; not Ember**

Cole walked into his room and stopped almost immediately. Ember wasn't there. He looked around the room. Most of her stuff was gone as well. Oh, no. Oh, gosh no. They're going to kill me. He thought as he headed back downstairs. He found them all in the living room, the boys playing a video game. Nya wasn't there. They'd sent her body to a real graveyard. I could've gotten Nya back again, but I didn't have anymore tears in my container. . . "Ember's gone," he said.

The rest of them turned around to stare at him, leaving their game unattended and unpaused. "What?" Sensei Wu asked.

Cole shook his head, "Ember isn't there. She's gone. She must've escaped."

"I told you we should've killed her or turned her in!" Lloyd exclaimed.

"We had reasons not to," Zane said to him.

Lloyd huffed and pouted, "No one ever listens to me."

"She must've ran away," Sensei said. "Perhaps we should leave her. She must've had good intentions."

"I think she did it to protect us," Cole said softly. Sensei nodded, but barely heard him. No one else except Zane heard either. Zane looked down. He'd started to develop a crush on Ember, especially when she accepted his offer of help. But she hadn't been interested in Zane. She liked Cole. And he'd liked her back. Zane. . . he was the sad third wheel.

A night later, while everyone else was asleep, Cole packed a bag and left the ninja. This is my choice. I can't go back on it, he thought as he rode Rocky, his Earth dragon, back to where he and Ember had stayed recently. I know she's here. She's got to be.

**Back to Ember's POV**

It's been a day since I escaped the ninja. They're bound to have noticed by now. I suppose they haven't come after me because they don't want my trouble; or because they're afraid. Haha, lol. Them afraid of me? Ok, well maybe Lloyd, but I don't think the rest of them are afraid of me.

It was night, and I was sitting on a hill, looking down at the pier when I heard a whoosh, whoosh. The moon cast no shadows, as it was cloudy, so I turned around to see an earthy-colored dragon landing. A dark figure jumped off and came towards me. My hand instinctively went to my thigh sheath, but before I could draw my dagger, he got close enough to tackle me to the ground. I wrestle with him for a while, and somehow feel like I get tickled, before the dark hood comes off his face.

Cole's swishy hair brushes my face as he stops messing with me. "Why?-" I start to ask, but he kisses me, cutting me off.

"Because I love you enough to risk my life," he says. That melts my heart. I smile and tears of joy fill my eyes. No one's ever cared about me like that before.

"But the others-" I say.

"I don't care what they think of me. I don't care about them anymore. They probably don't even know I'm gone yet. And I'm not going back. I'm staying with you forever. I'll be beside you wherever you want to go," he smiles.

I smile back and kiss him.