I Must Be Tripping!

Suddenly, something wraps around my waist from behind. I think it's just the memories of Cole. Something rests on my shoulder. Still, it feels like those memories I had of Cole. Something cold drips on my shoulder. I sniff, and look up onto the horizon where light from behind me draws shadows of me, and some other lumps near me. . .

---------------------

**WARNING. . . MORE R-RATED LANGUAGE**

*Language will be blocked out (update) or changed*

I turn my head as Cole kisses my neck. I gasp, and burst into tears. This can't be real, he can't be here. Screw my deep memory recall!

He grabs my face and kisses me hard on the lips, the pressure feeling real. All of this seems too real. It can't be! "Ember! It's me! Cole! I'm here right now! And I love you!"

"How?!--" He cuts me off and kisses me again, and he doesn't let go. And somehow, I love it.

We kiss and roll around, not long into it, bumping into Nya's corpse, almost touching her blood. Cole stops kissing me and stares into my eyes in realization, "The others!" He gets up quickly and dashes over to where everyone else was.

Cole kneels over Jay while I walk through all of them, their bodies spread across the ground. I stop at Zane's body. "They're gone, you know. There's no way to get them back," I say to the only one remotely alive.

He looks back up at me and says, with a glint of hope in his eyes, "You brought me back. I was there for like, five minutes, and then there was some odd sensation on my mouth. Would you like to know what Heaven looks like?"

"Well, don't make it sound too good, because I don't want to wish too hard when I go to Hell," I say disappointedly.

"Oh, baby," Cole says coming towards me and wrapping his arms around me waist from behind and bringing his face around to the side of mine. "I don't believe that in any lifetime you'd go to Hell."

I start crying softly and whisper to him, a tear running down my face and over my lips, "You don't understand. . . My past. . ." The tear falls off my chin and lands on Zane's face.

Cole turns my chin to face him, "The past is the past, and the future is the future. What happened then doesn't matter now, as long as you work to remedy it and do good."

"I try to do what's right, but somehow things get turned around on me," I say. Below me, there's some stirring. I look down unsure of what's going on. Zane gets up, seeming alive and well, even though he's been dead for about 10 minutes. "What's going on? How is this happening?" I ask either of them, flabbergasted.

"While I was gone," Zane starts, brushing himself off. "Something tingled on my lips, and I woke to the Earth reality."

Cole looks at me, eyes widened. "Your tears," he says.

"What?"

"It has something to do with your tears. Because I assumed you cried on me," he requests confirmation. I nod my head. "And a tear of yours slid off your face just before Zane came back. . . I think it's your tears!" I don't think I really understand. Are they trying to throw Tangled in my face? "Quick!" Cole says, pointing to the others, "Cry on them! Bring them back!"

"I can't; I don't really know how to. And I don't understand. . ." I say.

Cole huffs and asks, "Do we have to explain in depth Tangled to you? Your tears are magic!"

I shake my head, "That can't be possible. I couldn't have saved you, my characteristics just don't work like that. I know I'm tripping. I'm in one of those awful dreams where I wake up to the horrid reality." Tears end up purging from my eyes and run down my face, over my mouth and down to my chin. Cole rushes toward me with his hand outstretched to my face. I draw back at his sudden movements, even though I thought I liked him. . .? "What're you doing?!" I screech. Cole quickly brushes the tear off my cheek with his finger and puts it to Jay's face. We paitiently wait, Cole and myself on opposite expection sides.

Jay coughs hard and gets up just like Zane did. I gape, astounded. Zane reaches to take another tear from the side of my face, but I push his hand off. Cole comes over to me again and takes the tear that Zane was reaching for. He rests it upon Kai's face. We wait around the same amount of time as it took Jay and Zane. Kai doesn't get up. Tears well up in the boys' eyes. They just lost one of their teammates. Forever.

"Wait," Cole says suddenly. "That tear came from the side of your face; the others didn't. What if. . ."