Epilogue~ We Will, Forever

*Language has been changed or adjusted*

**Cole's POV**

It's been a month since I left the ninja. On my dresser, I'd written a note to them, "I left. I love Ember, and I'm staying with her forever. Keep away from us or I'll kill you all. Love, Cole" I almost said screw you all, but I decided what I'd already written was enough. They'd take the hint.

And they didn't come after us! I feel somewhat proud, even though it was a simple favor to ask of them. I know I was the team leader, and it'd been my job to keep them from falling apart and into disarray, but Sensei and Lloyd can take care of that.

Ember and I don't often talk about the ninja, but when we do, I make sure to not mention Nya. Ember killed her twice. That really says something about how they got along.

We traveled together to the edge of Ninjago and built a small boat to sail out into the ocean. I stole the motor. I don't really care about that either, since we're kind of exciling ourselves together already, so why not? After about an hour on the water, there was a small island off in the distance. And no, it wasn't the Dark Island. It was a remote tropical island, away from any civilization. Ember and I made a home there, and we plan on staying there forever. We'll only go back to the mainland when and if we desperately need something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Zane's POV**

Cole left us a rude note about his leaving. It sticks to the fridge everyday to remind us not to go after him, since some of us think about doing it. If I did, and I have thought about it, I wouldn't be going for Cole. I'd go to find Ember. I really miss her; the way she looked at us all serious all the time, and that one-in-a-million smile that would only flash for a few seconds. I can't go after her, though. Not only would Cole kill me, as he claims, but I bet that Ember would too. She clearly doesn't want anything to do with us anymore. She's proved that more than once and I don't need a reminder.

Jay's been able to take his mind off of everything lately, expecially the second death of Nya. He found a girl and they've started dating. Her name is Raina Garmadon, so I guess she's family of some kind with Lloyd. ~Shoutout to SKITTLES_KAT!~ It turns out that Ember was right about Jay not loving Nya. I think Jay's planning on proposing to Raina soon, so happy weddings!*

I don't know what I'm going to do about someone to be with. Nobody seems to really want to be with me. I guess things could change, though. But it's been really hard without Cole. He was our leader, and he just walked out on us because of love. I suppose that's a courageous act.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Ember's POV**

I'm really glad that Cole came after me, because had I been alone to wallow in sorrow another day by myself, I probably would've committed suicide. We lived happily on our island for who knows how many months. One day though, Cole plans a trip to the mainland and doesn't tell my why. He just orders me to get into our boat and not ask questions.

When we reach the mainland, park our boat, and then Cole pulls a blindfold over my face. "What are you doing?" I ask.

"Shh, you'll see," he says softly. He leads me about half a mile before stopping and taking my blindfold off. I open my eyes, having closed them in the blinfold, and look around. Before us is a church. I'm not sure what exactly Cole wants until he comes in front of me, gets on one knee, and proposes.

"Ember, I've been through a lot with you, and I'm not sure how I'd be able to leave, even though you'd probably kill me if I tried. But I love you. Will you marry me?" He holds out a velvet case with an emerald engagement ring inside it.

My green eyes well up with tears and I bend down to hug him tight. "Yes!"

He hugs back, and when we pull away from each other, I allow him to slip the ring on my right ring finger. (Right is for engagements, the wedding finger is the left hand, those of you who get confused!) "Uhh," he says shyly and nervously. I look at him, an open mind look on my face. "Is, uh, is today okay for the wedding?" He reaches back and scratches the back of his head.

I think about it, but not for too long. This is what he planned, that's why we were at the church. He was hoping to do it all today. I smile and say, "Today would be lovely."

He smiles back, takes my hand, and leads me into the church where a minister sits in a pew. "I didn't want any witnesses because I know we don't want to be caught or turned in. Even though I'd risk it all for you, I don't want to see us both get taken by the MPA and never see each other again," he whispers to me.

"I follow you," I say. Cole gets the attention of the minister and asks him to marry us. When he says he can't because of unpreparedness and finances, Cole hands him a lot of money. What has he been doing to earn all that? Maybe those have been his "errands" along with groceries that I send him out to get once in a while. The minister sighs, and gets his book.

Soon, Cole and I are at the front of the church, holding each other's hands and looking into each other's eyes, not paying too much attention to the pastor until he asks us our vows. We say them, and the minister seems to give weird looks. Then, later he asks if Cole takes me as his lawfully wedded wife. Cole says yes, and the minister turns to me, asking the same question, but reversed.

I smile and say, "Yes." The pastor pronounces us married and tells Cole he can kiss his bride. I'm wrapped in his arms as Cole dips me in the kiss.

We walk out of the church together, as Cole and Ember Brookstone. The past is gone, and my new future is here. Ember Robinson doesn't exist anymore. . . Just Ember Brookstone. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*LOL, linking to my next story/book

STOP! If you haven't already voted for my story. . . PLEASE DO SO NOW!!

And thank you for something close to 300 reads! It may be that many by the time you are reading this. . . idk. It was about 10 away when I posted this.

SO THANK YOU!! :)

and vote. . . ;)