Epilogue~ Forever and Ever

Cole and I have been married for four years now, and lived happily alone on our island ever since. We couldn't have been more happier. Well, until this.

"Cole, I uh, gotta talk to you," I say to him while he works outside the house we built together. He nods, smiles and follows me back inside the house and into the bedroom. He gets a devious smile on his face, begins taking off his clothes and jumps onto the bed. "Haha, no, that wasn't what I really meant," I say, smiling and taking my own clothes off. I lay down next to him. "Cole, you know how you'd said you'd be beside me forever, right?"

"Yeah."

"And we've been happily married for what, four years now?" I ask, leading up to my point.

He smiles grandly and says, "Four whole years of ecstasy." [Not the drug, you perverts]

I smile back and say, "So you'd be even more ecstatic if I told you I thought I was pregnant?"

His smile grows 5 times wider, if that's possible. "Babe, that is so great! My cheeks are hurting from my smile!"

I chuckle and message the sides of his face. He takes the opportuntiy to take my face in his hands and kiss me passionately. We roll around the bed together before he stops suddenly and says, "Whoops, haha, let's not hurt my baby girl."

I look at him funny. "You never call me that," I say.

"No, I meant my child."

"Cole, I don't even know if I really am pregnant, much less if it'll be a girl."

"Well, let's go find out!" He grabs his clothes and starts putting them on.

"I thought we decided that our marriage was the only time we would go out to the mainland together. We don't want to be seen together by other people who might recognize me, right? For MPA reasons," I say slowly as he tosses me my clothes.

"Then I'll go alone, get some groceries and a pregnancy test, hm? Sound good?" He asks as he buttons his shirt. I nod and he leaves the room. I hear him sing down the hallway, "I'm gonna have a baby girl! I'M GONNA HAVE A BABY GIRL!!!"

I hear the boat leave our dock and head towards the mainland. I don't know about this. What if I'm not really pregnant? That would be devastating. And am I really ready for a child?

~~~~~~~~Sometime later~~~~~~~~~

Cole returns, unpacks the groceries and rushes me to the bathroom for the test. He stands outside the door and says, "I wanna know! Come on Ember!"

"Hold your horses! Don't you know what this is like?!"

Cole stays silent until I come out. He takes the test from my hands and waits for the sign to appear. He gives it a funny look and hands it to me. "What's that mean?"

I turn it over and stare at the plus sign. I sigh nervously, unsure if I really am ready, and say, "I am. I was right."

Cole smiles and dances in a cirlce until he notices that I haven't joined him. "Baby, what's wrong? You didn't want to get pregnant?"

"Well, I mean, we weren't deliberately trying for a child. That's not to say I'm not somewhat happy, though. I'm just not sure I'm ready for a little one running around the house. I don't think I'm ready," I say slowly, looking down.

Cole lifts my chin and kisses me, "I think you are."

"Thanks," I say, smiling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~9 months later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No, we did not go to the mainland to have my child. I'll spare you the details but we did it ourselves. We're not taking any chances in the other world.

So, the point: I had my kid here on our island with the help of Cole and now I'm lying in the bed while Cole takes care of our baby girl. We haven't yet picked out a name. I think Cole wants something like Chance Amity* or Ember Malisha. I really don't know what I want yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sometime far into the future~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cole and I are still young and happily married with our daughter Mandy Chance. I don't know if we plan on having another child. It was a bit of a weird experience the first time, and we haven't discussed having another kid, but hey, the past is the past and the future is the future.

So until then, know that my story has had much tragedy and all that crap, but now everyone's alive and well, and everything's going great. Cole and I will enjoy each other's company forever and ever.

It was I Will. Now it's I Have**.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, I know, some of you are sad I'm done, others are probably like, "Good! She's finally done talking!" Sorry if the ending wasn't the best, but hey, I tried, and that's all that really matters.

*suggestion was going to be Chalice Amity, since that's my favorite name combo, but Ember's sister's name was Chalice, soo. . .yeah

**I Have as in - have done - (past tense verb), not possessing.