19

Maddie scrunched up her face in the darkness as her shoulders were being shook

Maddie scrunched up her face in the darkness as her shoulders were being shook. "W-what?" Maddie asked sitting up to see the form of a figure in the darkness. "Maddie we're going on a late night run, you coming?" It was Justins voice that was filling her ears as she looked towards the green glowing lines that made up the time on her alarm. She quickly became agitated when the green lines formed to show the time was three in the morning. She brought her thin tired hands up to rub her face and then to brush through the front of her short hair. "You woke me up at three in the morning to go on a fucking run, you do realize my mother won't-"

Justin was quick to cut off her response. "Your mother is a heavy sleeper and won't be up until you tell her too, you forget that stay here more than most." Maddie sighed and pulled off her warm purple blanket. "Whatever, let me put on some pants." She said rubbing her eyes again. "Okay." Justin said while dropping down stomach first onto her bed pushing his face into the bed. "Ready." Maddie said her voice showing the obvious lack of sleep she had in her system. Justin smiled while pushing himself off her warm welcoming bed while Maddie grabbed her cellphone from the white charged that was dangling in the space between the outlet in the wall and the bottom of her phone.

"So who all is going on this run?" Maddie asked in a whisper as she slid on her bright blue crocs not having the energy to put on actual shoes. "You, me, Bryce, and Monty." Justin said slowly opening the door as to not wake up the other teenagers who laid in a peaceful sleep on the livingroom pull out couch and loveseat. When Justin shut the door behind the two Maddie spoke in her normal toned voice though it was obviously still slightly groggy. "Why not the rest? Or Zach at least?" Maddie asked and Justin couldn't help the small smile come over his thin lips, he loved seeing how she always held concern for other people even after the world held no concern for her.

"Jessica and Alex are sleeping and we didn't feel like inviting them and Zach said he wants to make sure they don't take anything. Even though we're pretty sure they wouldn't even try." Justin said with a chuckle as he opened the door for the backseats of Bryces car. "Thanks." Maddie said smiling as she got in and slid to the left side letting Justin get in through the door he was already holding open. "Wow Mads you look like death." Monty said laughing as he turned around to take in the appreance of one of his best friends, of course he was simply joking and they all knew that. The only thing that even look slightly bad on her were the visable tangles within her light colored hair. "Shut up Mont." She said with a laugh the tiredness slightly becoming unnoticed though it was still in her system. "Where excatly are we going anyways?"

"We're thinking subway and then the seven eleven beside it? No matter what though we have to stop at the store your brother wants a blue slushie." Bryce said as he began to drive down the empty street. "You guys woke me up so you guys are paying for me." Maddie said as she brough her right leg up and tucked it under her left. "I'll pay for your subway Mads." Monty said with a smile as he turned around to look at her taking in her reaction. "Thank you my good sir." Maddie said laughing causing laughter to erupt from all of the boys in the car. "I'll pay for anything else you want." Justin said after they all sobered up from their laughter. Bryce smiled as he rolled his window down and then did the rest for everyone else. "It's just like old times." Bryce said thinking back to all of their old joyrides. "If Zach would of came then it'd be like every other time." Maddie said laughing as she stuck her arm out of the window flexing her fingers to feel the cold air fly through them causing a smile to come to her face.